Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorry. This radio station can't be started.

All of a sudden I am no longer to play any of the genre radio stations in Spotify on my Android phone. They work on the Windows client and I am even able to transfer from playing on my computer to my phone over bluetooth but I cannot start any of the...

• All of a sudden I am no longer to play any of the genre radio stations in Spotify on my Android phone.  They work on the Windows client and I am even able to transfer from playing on my computer...
  • jaybot
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I use my Android phone to control Spotify on my Denon AVRX2000 amp?

They are both on the same wifi network and the Denon interface is slow and average. Thank you:). Shaun,

• They are both on the same wifi network and the Denon interface is slow and average.  Thank you:). Shaun,
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Track not available"

The last couple of times I've used Spotify, all of my songs will stay playing for a second and then stop, displaying the message "track not available". What's going on??

• Visitor
  • The last couple of times I've used Spotify, all of my songs will stay playing for a second and then stop, displaying the message "track not available". What's going on??
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

music stream stops on android

I'll have full bars, and I have the quality down to normal but after a couple of songs the music just stops like I have no signal.Moto X Spotify PremiumAndroid 4.4.4Any ideas?

• Music Fan
  • I'll have full bars, and I have the quality down to normal but after a couple of songs the music just stops like I have no signal. Moto X Spotify Premium Android 4.4.4 Any ideas?
  • seanlaw27
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! App won't start up on HTC One M8

=== START OF TEMPLATE === Description Please describe the problem The app won't start up on my HTC One M8. What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? (We need to know what you are doing so we can do the exact same to try and get the same ...

• Casual Listener
  • === START OF TEMPLATE ===   Description Please describe the problem The app won't start up on my HTC One M8.    What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? ...
  • agupta98
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

offline mode not working

hi im a premium user and am trying to download songs so i can listen to them offline but once there done it loggs me out and when i go back in theyve gone again!need help! it didnt do this on the old version! plus when i go into my sd storage theres ...

• Casual Listener
  • hi im a premium user and am trying to download songs so i can listen to them offline but once there done it loggs me out and when i go back in theyve gone again!need help! it didnt do this on the o...
  • WilliamOffline
  • Roadie
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

OptOut from mobileapptracking.com

I use the Android App for Spotify. Regularly I see requests like this in my logfiles: https://3672.engine.mobileapptracking.com/serve?ver=3.4.2&transaction_id=XXX&sdk=android&action=session&advertiser_id=3672&package_name=com.spotify.music&site_id=59...

• Casual Listener
  • I use the Android App for Spotify. Regularly I see requests like this in my logfiles:   https://3672.engine.mobileapptracking.com/serve?ver=3.4.2&transaction_id=XXX&sdk=android&a...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! playing music on diff devices

I have my spotify on 2 phones and my iPad. How can we listen to music at the same time without having to hear what my wife and daughter listening to

• Casual Listener
  • I have my spotify on 2 phones and my iPad. How can we listen to music at the same time without having to hear what my wife and daughter listening to
  • lugi
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing on my phone and computer at the same time

I know you have a bunch of messages here but I need to add my name to the pile. The connect feature is annoying. You have drained my phone battery for nothing. I am very capable of controling my song choices from my computer. I don't need the remote ...

• I know you have a bunch of messages here but I need to add my name to the pile.   The connect feature is annoying. You have drained my phone battery for nothing. I am very capable of control...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs missing from playlist

Recently, I noticed that one of my playlists is missing some songs. The playlist says it has 12 tracks, but only 5 show up in the app. I tried making a new playlist and adding those same tracks but only the same 5 tracks show up. Here is the playlist...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently, I noticed that one of my playlists is missing some songs. The playlist says it has 12 tracks, but only 5 show up in the app.   I tried making a new playlist and adding those same t...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

custom playlist not working with latest update

my custom playlist isn't working with the latest update. The songs will only download from my PC when I'm connected to wifi and they will disappear as soon as I disconnect making it useless. Is this a new feature or a bug? using note 4 running androi...

• Music Fan
  • my custom playlist isn't working with the latest update. The songs will only download from my PC when I'm connected to wifi and they will disappear as soon as I disconnect making it useless. Is this ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

songs won't save

Hello,I have a premium account and every time I try to save music it doesn't work. It initially says saved then when I check again it isn't. Or it will save and delete. I don't get it.

• Hello, I have a premium account and every time I try to save music it doesn't work. It initially says saved then when I check again it isn't. Or it will save and delete. I don't get it.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Pioneer VSX-924

My Samsung Galaxy S4 wont connect my Spotify to my amp Pioneer VSX-924... Tried allmost everything! Please, help me! -Toni

• My Samsung Galaxy S4 wont connect my Spotify to my amp Pioneer VSX-924... Tried allmost everything! Please, help me! -Toni
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Snowflakes??

Really?? How can I take it off?

• Really?? How can I take it off?
  • polde
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Continuously crashes!

I downloaded the app yesterday and it was working just fine. However, since signing up to the free trial, I have not been able to access the app without it crashing. It only gets as far as a black screen with the little menu bars on the left. I wait ...

• I downloaded the app yesterday and it was working just fine. However, since signing up to the free trial, I have not been able to access the app without it crashing. It only gets as far as a black s...
  • kol_nilsson
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! login in another country

Hello users, I set up my spotify account in the UK, am now working in Switzerland and I cannot access my playlists as when asked to login it identifies that I am in a different country.. any ideas how I can listen to my playlists

• Casual Listener
  • Hello users, I set up my spotify account in the UK, am now working in Switzerland and I cannot access my playlists as when asked to login it identifies that I am in a different country.. any ideas ho...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

The new update is frustratingly buggy

Third day in a row waking up to all my offline music all gone! 6,000 songs in total downloaded and I have to spend hours out of my day to re sync!Not only that but the one new feature, offline search, doesn't even work! None of them play. Even worse,...

• Visitor
  • Third day in a row waking up to all my offline music all gone! 6,000 songs in total downloaded and I have to spend hours out of my day to re sync! Not only that but the one new feature, offline se...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify can't find sd card

Hello. I bought a 32GB microSDHC card for my smartphone specifically to store music downloaded from Spotify, but I can't get the app to find my SD card. When I start the Spotify app the first time it complains that it cannot find any SD card and that...

• Music Fan
  • Hello.   I bought a 32GB microSDHC card for my smartphone specifically to store music downloaded from Spotify, but I can't get the app to find my SD card.   When I start the Sp...
  • davidPerra
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

"Está canción no está disponible "

Acabo de contratar premium y hay algunas canciones que reproduce por uno o dos segundos y después se detiene y aparece el letrero "está canción no está disponible"

• Casual Listener
  • Acabo de contratar premium y hay algunas canciones que reproduce por uno o dos segundos y después se detiene y aparece el letrero "está canción no está disponible"
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Shuffle Albums and playlists offline

Hi, Is it possible to have all albums and playlists randonly shuffle while offline? I know you can cue albums to play one after the other but I just wonder if its possible to have music continually playing randomly on an Android phone?

• Community Legend
  • Hi,   Is it possible to have all albums and playlists randonly shuffle while offline? I know you can cue albums to play one after the other but I just wonder if its possible to have music co...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes