Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Data Overage Due to Spotify "Bug"

Thought I might give you guys some feedback on something that happened to me. Recently, my SD card filled up on my LG Lucid and I apparently had a playlist that was continuously trying to download offline and failing due to the full SD card. I kept g...

• Casual Listener
  • Thought I might give you guys some feedback on something that happened to me. Recently, my SD card filled up on my LG Lucid and I apparently had a playlist that was continuously trying to download of...
  • edro
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't start after reinstall; cannot access SD card to store data

Description After a reinstall following the troubleshooting guide, Spotify no longer starts properly, only giving a blank screen with the following error: No SD Card Found We found no place to store our data, pleace check that you have a working SD c...

• Casual Listener
  •   Description After a reinstall following the troubleshooting guide, Spotify no longer starts properly, only giving a blank screen with the following error:   No SD Card Found We ...
  • evanbeem
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

samsung s3/spotify connect madness

I can't explain how stumped I am. I have tried to connect my samsung s3 to my airport express so I can play music through my speakers, but to no avail. what is the secret password to this stupid puzzle? please help before I smash the crap out of some...

• I can't explain how stumped I am. I have tried to connect my samsung s3 to my airport express so I can play music through my speakers, but to no avail. what is the secret password to this stupid puzz...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium on nexus 7 takes an age to load then it plays back in stops and starts

I've never had a problem until now. I'm a nexus 7 user with android KitKat. Albums take ages to load then play in stops and starts. So frustrating. Seemed to develop this fault after the latest update.

• Gig Goer
  • I've never had a problem until now. I'm a nexus 7 user with android KitKat. Albums take ages to load then play in stops and starts. So frustrating. Seemed to develop this fault after the latest upda...
  • pablo77
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Toshiba At100 Tablet

I have a Pioneer SCLX 76 av amp, how do I play Spotify Premium from my Toshiba AT100 tablet through to my AV amp.My Toshiba tablet detects my AV amp when I play music from the device media player, but will not play Spotify.

• I have a Pioneer SCLX 76 av amp, how do I play Spotify Premium from my Toshiba AT100 tablet through to my AV amp.My Toshiba tablet detects my AV amp when I play music from the device media playe...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.5)

What's new in version 0.7.5 New: Never miss a gig! Artist views now feature touring details. Improved: Spotify Connect will be on its best behaviour when you play radio. Fixed: We've tickled some pixels and dealt with some crashes. Fictitious: This a...

• Spotify Legend
  • What's new in version 0.7.5 New: Never miss a gig! Artist views now feature touring details. Improved: Spotify Connect will be on its best behaviour when you play radio. Fixed: We've tickl...
  • rotgrub
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
    Android
    Release
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

No Spotify premium.

Since an update in the past week, I have not been Allowed my premium service and am extremely saddened. Please help me turn my frown upside down. HTC one (in stereo)

• Since an update in the past week, I have not been Allowed my premium service and am extremely saddened. Please help me turn my frown upside down. HTC one (in stereo)
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium not working
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Searching for music on spotify app.

Why doe sit not include playlists in the search results on the app? I see this feature appears on the desktop only.

• Music Fan
  • Why doe sit not include playlists in the search results on the app? I see this feature appears  on the desktop only.
  • MissOwl
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium WILL NOT activate on Android LG G2 (Verizon)

Spotify Premium WILL NOT activate. I signed out /back in multiple times after starting my free 30 day trial and when I sign in it continues to only offer shuffle play and option to upgrade.

• Visitor
  • Spotify Premium WILL NOT activate. I signed out /back in multiple times after starting my free 30 day trial and when I sign in it continues to only offer shuffle play and option to upgrade.
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No SD Card Found error

HI Anyone have a solution for no SD card found on android phone??? I tried clear caches and installed and installed but still have the same error and spotify just won't work. It always show mea blank screen. Send email to spotify no reply so pissed o...

• Casual Listener
  • HI Anyone have a solution for no SD card found on android phone??? I tried clear caches and installed and installed but still have the same error and spotify just won't work. It always show mea blank...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify app crashes on acer tablet

I have an acer tablet and after launching app and signing in, it opens for a few seconds then shuts down.Any ideas? Thanks

• Regular
  • I have an acer tablet and after launching app and signing in, it opens for a few seconds then shuts down. Any ideas? Thanks
  • webcoreinc
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

pCan't follow on my tablet... Help

Hi everyone I have a Samsung tablet and I can't find any button to follow the artist I like. Is there any way to follow on tablets and smart phone or this is a option only for laptop? Help!!!! Su

• Visitor
  •   Hi everyone   I have a Samsung tablet and I can't find any button to follow the artist  I like.    Is there any way to follow on tablets and smart phone or this i...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

how to save songs on internal storage instead of external storage

I recently broke my htc rezound's sd card reader port and now spotify will not even open because it says "No SD Card Found We found no place to store our daa, please check that you have a working SD card and free space". I was wondering if I could ch...

• I recently broke my htc rezound's sd card reader port and now spotify will not even open because it says "No SD Card Found We found no place to store our daa, please check that you have a working SD ...
  • dkay59
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems offline music on the external SD card on android (cyangenmod))

Hi, I had to reinstall my Spotify App and after a reboot everything was fine. When I restarted the App - Spotify crahes all the time becuase it can't find my SD-Card and says it as no space left or no rights to write on the sd. When I reboot my whole...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hi,   I had to reinstall my Spotify App and after a reboot everything was fine. When I restarted the App - Spotify crahes all the time becuase it can't find my SD-Card and says it a...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Only some of my local files will sync

So this problem is occuring on both my Samsung GS3 and ipad. Only some of my local files will sync to the devices, others will be greyed out and say "track not available". As you can see in the screenshot, it seems like Spotify is randomly choosing s...

• So this problem is occuring on both my Samsung GS3 and ipad. Only some of my local files will sync to the devices, others will be greyed out and say "track not available". As you can see in the scree...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify quits randomly (ANDROID 4.2.2 / GT-I9105P)

Hello all, I have seen this problem on the forum but not for mobile devices yet. When i am listening to spotify with my phone on standby (and no other apps running) it just quits randomly. I have reinstalled it a few times but it didn't work so far. ...

• Regular
  • Hello all,   I have seen this problem on the forum but not for mobile devices yet. When i am listening to spotify with my phone on standby (and no other apps running) it just quits randomly....
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Mobile
    quits
    randomly
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! gaps in music listening to offline playlist

Hi! while I'm listening to my playlists, even those downloaded I'm experiencing gaps in music. It gets stuck in some songs, in others it has gaps like 2-5 seconds. I already deleted and redownloaded everything from scratch, but it is not helping.. I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! while I'm listening to my playlists, even those downloaded I'm experiencing gaps in music. It gets stuck in some songs, in others it has gaps like 2-5 seconds. I already deleted and redownloade...
  • all_sparks
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume loss then SPIKE using headphones, not good

I've read through the board posts and seen some similiar issues listed but no solutions that work for me yet. This issue just started in early January after almost a year of using Spotify on my phone with no problems. When listening with plug in head...

• I've read through the board posts and seen some similiar issues listed but no solutions that work for me yet.  This issue just started in early January after almost a year of using Spotify on my...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle play button won't disapear

With the help of this awesome forum I was finally able to figure out how to play without shuffling my music lists. I am a premium user and unfortunately I have to dig into the album menu to find the repeat/shuffle toggle. The much more accessible pla...

• Casual Listener
  • With the help of this awesome forum I was finally able to figure out how to play without shuffling my music lists. I am a premium user and unfortunately I have to dig into the album menu to find the...
  • LeeB
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Shuffle play button premium
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Won't play through AUX car stereo

Cable is new.. Spotify is running fine.. also plays fine when I put headphones in. When I put it on through the AUX car stereo however, I get nothing.. and yes I have it on the AUX setting. Does android have a setting that prevents this, etc? Any hel...

• Casual Listener
  • Cable is new.. Spotify is running fine.. also plays fine when I put headphones in.  When I put it on through the AUX car stereo however, I get nothing.. and yes I have it on the AUX setting...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes