Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Connect doesn't work.

Spotify Connect doesn't work.

My Spotify Connect doesn't work or is lagging extrem. I need multiple tries to connect to any device in my network.
I resetted my entire network/router also deleted cache, app-data, the Spotify app itself and reinstalled it. Even reconnect the account on my devices, all without success.
I have several Sonos speaker, Echo Dots and a PS5.
5 Replies

Hi @ichDominik,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• What device are you using to control the playback? Does it make any difference which device controls w
  • When did this start happening?
  • Does it happen on different networks? If you haven't tested this, please do so. If necessary, you can make a hotspot with your phone and connect all devices to that.
  • Screenshots or a video of the behaviour

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Joan,

right now it's working fine, but luckily I've got a screen recording from severely hours ago. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/i5PbvCDtPKe662ZT8 

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G with the latest Updates and Spotify version 8.8.50.466. The problem started a week ago I guess.

I also have a Samsung Tab S6 Lite with an Android Enterprise setup. I will try it with that, if the problem occurs again. I also will try to set up a hotspot. 

I will keep you up to date.

Dominik 🙂

Hey @ichDominik,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We're glad to hear that the app works as it's supposed to for you 🙂

If you ever have any other questions in the future, feel free to post in the Community again. 

LyubkaModerator

Hello there,

today same problem again.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5jzLo2hpErS3PQdU6 

There was an Update for the PlayStation, no difference. I made a hotspot with my phone, same result.

Mainly, the problem exists with the PS5, but Spotify Connect also doesn't work properly on other devices, as clearly shown in the video.

Maybe good to know for you: Individual text overlays on the PS5 are frequently in various different languages such as Spanish, English, French, Dutch, Italian...

1894a78966492-screenshotUrl.jpg
1894a787a7635-screenshotUrl.jpg
1894a789d3d14-screenshotUrl.jpg

Hey @ichDominik,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

To continue investigating this issue, and to make sure this is not account-related, it would also be great if you could have someone log in with their account on some of your devices - such as a friend or a family member, to see if the issue persists. 

If you cannot find a different account to test it, we'd recommend creating a new one (just for testing purposes) here.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts