Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle

I keep hitting the shuffle thing at the top of the screen and all it does is change the song.There is no tool bar at the bottom of the screen. How do I do turn this off

• Visitor
  • I keep hitting the shuffle thing at the top of the screen and all it does is change the song. There is no tool bar at the bottom of the screen.   How do I do turn this off
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android] Songs stopping

Every ~1 minute 30, the song pauses and I have to restart the app. When I restart it, it doesn't respond, but when I try again it works as normal for the next minute and a half. When the song has stopped, it says it is still playing and the time coun...

• Visitor
  • Every ~1 minute 30, the song pauses and I have to restart the app. When I restart it, it doesn't respond, but when I try again it works as normal for the next minute and a half. When the song has sto...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I cant use my queue

PlanFreeCountryCanadaDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI wanted to start using my queue on my spotify app for work but the only way I can use it right ...

• Plan Free Country Canada Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I wanted to sta...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution S22 ultra not displaying songs on Bluetooth stereo, music plays but no steering wheel controls S

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8,Samsung Galaxy S22 ultra Operating SystemS8 Android 9,S22 ultra Android 12My Question or IssueMy S8 works perfectly fine using Spotify through my Bluetooth car stereo. With my new S22 ultra, the sound w...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S22 ultra  Operating System S8 Android 9, S22 ultra Android 12 My Question or Issue My S8 works perfectly fine usi...
  • Oldskuldub
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 12
    s22
    S22 ultra
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Re: Unable to login on Android

I can't login either, on Android phone. Whereas I login on a computer it recognises my username and password, if I put the same username and password on the phone it says it's wrong. I've already tried resetting the password twice, still has the same...

• I can't login either, on Android phone. Whereas I login on a computer it recognises my username and password, if I put the same username and password on the phone it says it's wrong.  I've alr...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify keeps turning the wifi off on my phone

PlanFreeCountry CanadaDeviceX Power 2Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 (Nougat) My Question or Issue Spotify Mobile keeps turning off the wifi on my phone when the screen turns off for longer than a few seconds. I don't know why it keeps doing this, but I'...

• Plan Free Country  Canada Device X Power 2 Operating System Android 7.0 (Nougat)   My Question or Issue  Spotify Mobile keeps turning off the wifi on my phone when the screen...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Storage Bug on Android

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSamsung Galaxy S20 FE 5GOperating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueSo I have this problem for a few months now but thought about finally adressing it. It´s a bit annoying to see. I only have one SD card which makes ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue So I have this problem for a few months now but thought about finally ad...
  • manu43
  • Casual Listener
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bugs
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlists switch to radio immediately

Premium, Samsung A51, latest Android OS, USA. Sometimes when I turn on a playlist, about one to two seconds after the first song plays, the playlist will end and switch to a radio based on the playlist. Keep in mind I have premium. It will also do th...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium, Samsung A51, latest Android OS, USA.   Sometimes when I turn on a playlist, about one to two seconds after the first song plays, the playlist will end and switch to a radio based on t...
  • AlejaR
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Play button now has shuffle built in. Why?

Plan- Fam PremCountry- usaDevice pixel 4a (android) (See attached pic for example) My Question- I went to play some music today in my office. The play button when I open an album has shuffle built into it. This is automatic. I looked in the settings ...

• Plan- Fam Prem Country- usa Device pixel 4a (android)   (See attached pic for example)   My Question- I went to play some music today in my office. The play button when I open an...
  • Yordan
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Other] Phone takes over spotify play from ancillary devices when headphones are powered on

BUG REPORT - When listening to spotify on a device other than my phone, and I connect my bluetooth headphones to my phone (to answer a call, mainly), music transfers to my phone / headphones opposed to maintaining play on the ancillary device. This b...

• Visitor
  • BUG REPORT - When listening to spotify on a device other than my phone, and I connect my bluetooth headphones to my phone (to answer a call, mainly), music transfers to my phone / headphones opposed ...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution AutoPlay not working

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePixel 6 ProOperating System(Android 13 My Question or IssueA few days ago, AutoPlay stopped working. I now have to manually navigate the menu to start song radio to get it to continue past the one song I have started. Same ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Pixel 6 Pro Operating System (Android 13   My Question or Issue A few days ago, AutoPlay stopped working.  I now have to manually navigate the menu...
  • Lyubka
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution I am unable to scroll through the genres in my liked playlist.

I have a galaxy S20 FE and I am currently unable to select genres in my liked playlist, as well as being unable to find certain artists or their music on the liked playlist too.

• Visitor
  • I have a galaxy S20 FE and I am currently unable to select genres in my liked playlist, as well as being unable to find certain artists or their music on the liked playlist too.
  • CHunteer2014
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No internet connection

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceSamsung s10e Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueWhen connected on mobile data (4G LTE at least) the app find 'no internet connection'. All titles and podcasts are in grey excepted for the ones downloaded previou...

• Plan Premium Country France Device Samsung s10e  Operating System Android   My Question or Issue When connected on mobile data (4G LTE at least) the app find 'no internet connecti...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify codes are not showing on my phone or laptop

I wonder if anybody can help me solve my problem. my app on android nor my desktop spotify will show codes is there a setting i should have checked to be able to see them? My camera works to be able to read a code but i am unable to generate one any ...

• Casual Listener
  • I wonder if anybody can help me solve my problem. my app on android nor my desktop spotify will show codes is there a setting i should have checked to be able to see them? My camera works to be able ...
  • Yordan
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Transferring offline songs between phone and laptop

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7Asus ROG GL503Operating SystemAndroid Oreo(8.0)Windows 10 1809My Question or Issue I have downloaded a lot of playlists on my phone and I want the exact same playlists on my laptop but I don't want to dow...

• Plan Premium Country India Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Asus ROG GL503 Operating System Android Oreo(8.0) Windows 10 1809 My Question or Issue   I have downloaded a lot of playlists on m...
  • AlejaR
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • android 8.0
    Help
    windows10
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Data being used playing downloaded music

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePixel 3Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueWhen playing downloaded albums or playlists in my car, network data is being used. It didn't start doing this until recently, after an update I guess.Please fix asap as ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Pixel 3 Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue When playing downloaded albums or playlists in my car, network data is being used. It didn't ...
  • godzero
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sound becomes distorted when headphones plugged in and screen is off

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceGalaxy A03sOperating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueSince the last update on Android on September 1st (to UI 4.1), the sound becomes distorted when I listen to music/podcasts on my phone and the screen is turned of...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Galaxy A03s Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue Since the last update on Android on September 1st (to UI 4.1), the sound becomes disto...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download Spotify podcasts

PlanFreeCountryUsDeviceSamsung Galaxy s21Operating System Android My Question or IssueWhen I try to download podcasts that are owned by spotify (Gimlet and Ringer podcasts to be precise), I get an exclamation point in the download area. I can downloa...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Us Device Samsung Galaxy s21 Operating System  Android   My Question or Issue When I try to download podcasts that are owned by spotify (Gimlet and Ringer podcas...
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume different between playing song from album and searching

I have a Premium account (from Italy) and using a Samsung A52s 5G running Android 12. While I am using bluetooth headphones, what happens is that if I go to an album and play a song (in this case not downloaded), then I just search the song from the ...

• Music Fan
  • I have a Premium account (from Italy) and using a Samsung A52s 5G running Android 12. While I am using bluetooth headphones, what happens is that if I go to an album and play a song (in this case not...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Synced local songs will sometimes become unavailable

PlanPremiumCountryFrance DeviceSamsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5GOperating SystemAndroid 12, app version 8.7.42.943 My Question or IssueI have several tracks on my phone that are synced from local files on my computer. But since a few weeks ago, I've been ha...

Screenshot_20220630-103433_Spotify.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country France   Device Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G Operating System Android 12, app version 8.7.42.943   My Question or Issue I have several tracks on my phone tha...
  • Vasil
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes