Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect song selecting issues

Solved!

Spotify Connect song selecting issues

Hello, currently I'm having an issue on my app that will not let me play songs in a specific playlist on my desktop through connect.

ConnectEven if I move said songs into another playlist, the issue still occurs. But the thing is, it's only those songs, any song that isnt in that playlist works just fine. This occured in my "Starred" playlist.

What I did to cause this was I had an oversized mp3 file and I was trying to find it in local, but i couldn't. I hadn't realized the size was the issue and reverted spotify back to an older version on my desktop, later noticing my real issue and fully updating it again. After doing that, this happened. I've tried reinstalling spotify on both desktop and mobile, restarting both desktop and mobile, undownloading and redownloading all songs. I currently have Premium, using desktop version 1.0.11.134 and mobile version 3.4.0.764.

What am I missing??? I use my phone for changing songs 95% of the time so this is a major pain in the ass for me.

EDIT: When going to "Devices" on the android connect screen, it says my desktop "Can't play this right now" even though it's the one playing the song.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Local files can't be played using spotify connect.Connect will only stream msic from Spotify.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I'm usinng an iPhone6 and getting the same message, "can't play this right now" trying to play spotify with chromecast. Mine too is only with certain songs. If I select a different song from a different album it connects no problem, but certain songs give that message.

Same! Is there a fix for this?

Did anybody get a fix for this? I have same problem - very annoying!

Marked as solution

Local files can't be played using spotify connect.Connect will only stream msic from Spotify.

Suggested posts