Country

Germany

Device

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro

Operating System

Android 11.0.2.0

MIUI Global 11.0.2

My Question or Issue

Spotify Kids claims not to be compatible with the operating system of my child's mobile.

Is there a workaround or other solution to get Spotify Kids running on his device?

Thanks in advance

ebengingsnoch

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @ebengingsnoch 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Actually, Spotify Kids is not available in Germany yet. Since this new app is under a Beta test, it is only available in Ireland, Denmark, New Zealand, and Sweden. It will be launched in other countries soon.

You can get more information about the Spotify Kids and the availability of this app here in Spotify Newsroom.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey, @ebengingsnoch 

Could you give me more information about what is happening? What's your exactly Spotify version?

If possible, send me some screenshots that could help me to better understand your issue, but be sure you won't share any sensitive information.
Any additional information that you could provide would be very useful.

Keep me in the loop!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Hello herzog,

thanks for caring.

Spotify Kids does not even appear in Play Store when searching on the Xiaomi device.

When I search the Store via my PC, it says that there was no compatibility with any of my devices.

Asking around in the neighboruhood showed another four Xiaomi Redmi devices with the same problem: Spotify Kids seems to be not available for them whereas the regular Spotify-App runs without any Problems.

Vollbildaufzeichnung 19.01.2020 105412.bmp.jpg
Marked as solution

Hey, @ebengingsnoch 

Actually, Spotify Kids is not available in Germany yet. Since this new app is under a Beta test, it is only available in Ireland, Denmark, New Zealand, and Sweden. It will be launched in other countries soon.

You can get more information about the Spotify Kids and the availability of this app here in Spotify Newsroom.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts