Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Playlist Won't Download?

Spotify Playlist Won't Download?

I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus and I am trying to download a 300 song playlist. I have 29GB left on the phone, yet anytime I try to download it says I am out of space. Sometimes it will download 3 or 4 songs and then just stops. I have tried on both 4G and WiFi...any suggestions on how to fix this?

9 Replies

Hey!

The Spotify Android app always saves on internal card and not on your external one. Don't ask me why - I think it's odd too.

Highly requested and discussed for example in this topic.

There's also an inofficial workaround floating around at the end of that topic on how to choose the external sd card.

There is no SD card on the Nexus?? So I should be fine that it is downloading to my internal storage?

Hmm, now that's weird then. Indeed if it's your internal storage it should work...

Sorry misread cause of the 29 GB - thought that must be an ext. sd. 😉

But then I'm sorry, can't really help you with that.

Only thing  that might be worth a try is a reinstallation - but guess you did that already.

Spotify is acting very strange...having a hard time getting it reinstalled now...trying to fix the issue

Maybe it has to do with the Android ROM I am running, I am not sure, but I wiped my cache and dalvik cache and got it reinstalled, but still not wanting to download playlist

It says "Offline syncing has stopped as there's no space left on this device."

Hmm, if you got a custom ROM maybe it clashes with Spotify.

Haven't seen any Nexus users complain about not being able to download their playlists so far, so gotta be an individual problem.

While Custom Roms are of course not officially supported, they should work with Spotify (I'm on CM10 with my galaxy sII).

Yea it is interesting....I posted in the ROM thread to see if anyone was having issues.

tried different ROM and it is working fine now

Ok glad it's working for you now!

Just out of curiosity what custom ROM did you use that it doesn't work?

Suggested posts