Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Running feature does not appear

Solved!

Spotify Running feature does not appear

Hi,

I am using spotify on an android device. I have an issue concerning spotify running feature. Since the first time spotify running feature became available for android devices, I haven't been able to make it shown in the menu. This only happens when I log in with my own premium account. However, when I login with someone else's account, or create a new free account that feature is available within the menu. I have checked whether a different selection in the settings might be the reason for that, but, although none of the settings are different than my friends spotify accounts, it is still the case. I have searched several times in the web and in the spotify support pages but I couldn't find a solution to this issue. I need help to understand and solve this issue. Thanks.

PS: I have updated spotify to release 3.9.0.965, I am using Android 5.1.1.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@jamadeusx

Hello:

Ok thanks for the information, also has anything changed recently, has running showed up yet? You might have to do a sign out of the Spotify android app and maybe even a phone full shutdown and phone start up, and log back into the Spotify android app again. Let me know if things show up or not.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

@jamadeusx

Hello:

I moved you post over to the Android section of the community. Have you tried first doing a clean install of the Spotify android app?

And I am going to go ahead and escalate this issue for you, since it sounds like this could be a server side account issue. But please try and do a clean reinstall of the Spotify Android app and see if there is any change with running showing up for you?

Edited to add: Can you post your device information as well?

Hi Jay,

Yes, I already tried clean installation a couple of times.

My device is Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910CQ) with android version 5.1.1

Thanks.

I have the same problem. Did someone found any solution?
Marked as solution

@jamadeusx

Hello:

Ok thanks for the information, also has anything changed recently, has running showed up yet? You might have to do a sign out of the Spotify android app and maybe even a phone full shutdown and phone start up, and log back into the Spotify android app again. Let me know if things show up or not.

@TomeX

Hello:

Can you list your device, Android version, and also the current Spotify phone app version as well?

Hello:

My problem has been solved. Now I can see the running in the menu. I appreciate your interest and assistance.

Hi,

I have the same problem, your workaround hasn't helped me though. New registration will also show me "running" option, only my premium doesn't show it.

Device: Huawei P7, android 4.4.2, Spotify: 4.1.0.868

Please help me out! Thanks!

Same here. The running and party features do not appear in the sidebar despite log out / log in and reinstall. On a Nexus 5X running the latest marshmallow build (6.0.1).
Thank you for helping!

I have release 4.4.0.1008 of Spotify and a premium subscription by the way.

Hi, I mailed support and they fixed it for me in 20 minutes.

I have the same problem as jamadeusx decribed. I logged myself out, I deinstalled the app and rebooted my device and still have the problem that running does not show up but it did once!

I have version 4.4.0.1008 installed and I am using Android Version 5.1.1 (Sony Z3).

Hey there, Ask support, they'll fix it instantly!

Suggested posts