Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Skipping Like Scratched CD

Spotify Skipping Like Scratched CD

I have been using Spotify Premium for over a year now with no problems until recently. In the last week or so it has started skipping like a Scratched CD and I can't seem to fix it.

I am playing from my phone (Sony Xperia Z3 Compact) and the issue still occurs even with downloaded content. For the £10 a month I am paying I am not impressed! Can anyone help?
14 Replies

Same phone. Same issue since marshmallow update? Unplayable really... Then i try on my ps4 and literally can't even get songs to play.

When being a sony fanboy hurts 😞

*sony xperia z3 (not compact)

Can you try a different quality setting? Also disable any EQ and see if that helps.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Tried with all EQ off and quality set to normal. Same problem. Seemed
to work fine until I woke up my phone from sleep mode...

Tried all of that. It's definitely due to marshmallow update on Android IMO.

Mine does this but only when connected to bluetooth. It pauses several times until it has to catch up then it fast forwards the song. This happens to every song! It's fine when listening with headphones (wired) ect.. Just bluetooth. Needs a fix asap!

Yep Bluetooth soundbar since marshmallow update has been unbearable

Yep - bluetooth seems to be the issue for me too. Going to try unpairing
the bluetooth speakers and then starting from scratch. Will let you know
how I get on.

Yep - bluetooth seems to be the issue for me too. Going to try unpairing
the bluetooth speakers and then starting from scratch. Will let you know
how I get on.

Hooray! Seems to have worked for me! Have listened to 5/6 tracks without issue. Go forth and unpair! (then re-pair...)

Scrap that! Still not working... 😞

Had exactly the same problem since the update on my Sony Z3 to version 6.0.1.  Updated to the latest version of Spotify thinking this would solve it, but no.  Uninstalled Spotify, re-installed, downloaded over 3000 songs again and still the same issue.  Works fine via wifi and headphones but not Bluetooth.  It's like i'm listening to thousands of scratched vinyl records!!!  Please Spotify, let's get this sorted!!!

Oops, hit the wrong button 😞

A quick google search indicates that bluetooth issues with the Z3 seem pretty common so it may be more a Sony problem than anythng to do with Spotify. One thing you could try is to use another app with bluetooth to see if you get the same issue. If you do, head for Sony support.

Up until now and I've had the phone for 17 months I've never even had any kind of problem with the Z3, let alone Bluetooth. Tried it with different apps and seems fine. Usef the internal music player through my speakers and no issues whatsoever. Used the movie player through the speakers but again no issue. The only issue via Bluetooth appears to be with Spotify and nothing else.

Suggested posts