Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Update for Android (beta)

Solved!

Spotify Update for Android (beta)

Just had to say that this is one awesome upgrade.   Corrected all my previous issues with offiline mode and syncing up my music.  It's still in beta but here is the link

ANDROID SPOTIFY UPDATE

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You'll need to redownload. One of the missing features is that the Clear Cache option is no longer in the Setting menu so you'll need to do it manually through Android System Settings -> Manager Apps or by deleting the Spotify directory from the SD card

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Yep - there are several threads on this already since the announcement went up around lunchtime (CET)

There are several features from the old version missing, but hopefully these get added back in before formal Market launch. Otherwise it's all gravy!

----------------

sweet

Does it automaticly redownload your playlists to "extreme", or do you have to redownload?

Marked as solution

You'll need to redownload. One of the missing features is that the Clear Cache option is no longer in the Setting menu so you'll need to do it manually through Android System Settings -> Manager Apps or by deleting the Spotify directory from the SD card

----------------

Yeah, I figured.

I deleted the folder. Seems to work fine. 

HI Spotify,

Thank you for the awesome update. Everything else is better than before but the Beta broke use in horizontal mode, this is really annoying since my car dock is a Horizontal one and now the app does not turn.

The old spotify app does go in horizontal mode when used with the dock. 

I hope you add rotation back the app since the new Holo theme should work much better horizontal than the old app.

@sts_fin wrote:

HI Spotify,

Thank you for the awesome update. Everything else is better than before but the Beta broke use in horizontal mode, this is really annoying since my car dock is a Horizontal one and now the app does not turn.

The old spotify app does go in horizontal mode when used with the dock. 

I hope you add rotation back the app since the new Holo theme should work much better horizontal than the old app.

The old app never officially supported landscape mode - must have been a feature of the dock to force what was not intended.

Landscape support is on the wish list: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/quot-Official-quot-new-application-beta-release-missi...

----------------

Wrong again, it does support landscape on tablets without the dock. 

But thanks for the wishlist link I will look in to it .)

@sts_fin wrote:

Wrong again, it does support landscape on tablets without the dock. 

Not wrong ... it doesn't officially support tablets either. The fact that it worked was never specifically intended or coded.

----------------

Yeah still stupid that it has now been hard coded _NOT_ to turn. 🙂

Suggested posts