Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Very Slow and causing phone restart

Spotify Very Slow and causing phone restart

Since the last update, Spotify takes around 5-10 minutes just to allow me to do anything (view playlists, play a song, view or search for items).  I thought it was my phone so I completely uninstalled and reinstalled. That did not work.  Tried restoring the phone and installing just spotify after restore and same issue.  Takes forever to do anything.  Only app having this issue.  I have a Galaxy S3 with Android 4.3.  Anyone else having this issue and know of any way to resolve this? Was great before this last update.

7 Replies

Do you have a lot of playlists or anything?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Is the spotify cache on an external SD card? 

I have about 15 playlists, 7 of which I have downloaded for offline use

It is not.  It is on the internal memory. Had to double check that to make sure, but yeah.  🙂

I have exactly the same issue. I've been a happy spotify user on iPhone until switching to Galaxy S4. I'm getting exactly the same issue. Did you find a resolution? It's really frustrating and makes the app unusable. I'm considering cancelling my subscription, reluctantly, as it's far too slow.

Sadly I have not. I am probably going to unimstall it from my phone after the next couple of weeks if I can't get it resolved and look for other options. Really loved Spotify until recently

Suggested posts