Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify and PowerAmp

Spotify and PowerAmp

Since I am unable to get the default Equalizer on my LG G3, POWERAMP has been suggested by many as THE one to get. 

Problem is that it doesn't incorporate with Spotify and it scans folders for tracks.  I don't know how or where Spotify stores tracks or if it's even possible to use them with PowerAmp.

Anybody???

Thanks...

Andy

4 Replies

Hi again, I believe that Power Amp becomes the front UI for the EQ settings available globally within Android. Although PowerAmp is primarily a player for your stored tracks; it is a very powerful EQ and will allow you to customise the sound to match your needs.

As the Android system works from a global EQ, you should find that by adjusting the EQ settings within Power Amp you'll notice the difference on Spotify. Not ideal, it would be nice for Spotify to build their own front for the EQ rather than just trying to load the in-built one. I think if you install a dedicated EQ rather than Power Amp you'll be able to access it directly from Spotify... Something like Equalizer 

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi...

Yes, I understand about something integrated like Equalizer.

But for PowerAmp, are you saying that I can just use Spotify as normal - and when I run PowerAmp, it should "take over" the audio output settings from Spotify as I customize them?

Andy

Whoops - doesn't look like it...

From Poweramp support:

"Unfortunately, on Android it's not possible to process live audio stream of other app.".

So, that takes care of that.

Besides EQUALIZER, any other recommendations for a good equalizer to be used with Spotify?

Andy

PowerAmp has it's own programmed equalizer using own algorhythms. It is far better than the built-in equalizer so using poweramp always wins over Spotify, Deezer or any other streaming music app if it comes to soundquality.

Then the Equalizerapp...that is just a different shell for the built-in EQ. Sure, like Samsung has it's own soundcontrol but that looks totally different with some added effects, but those don't add much. I heard that Beats from HTC is a good soundenhancer though but if you don't have an HTC you're stuck with the built-in **bleep**e while listening to streaming audio.

There is one thing you could do though. Search on google for One Clickc Root. This should be easy enough for everybody. It roots your phone giving you administration rights to your whole phone. You are then capable of installing soundenhancements like Voodoo Sound which also has it's own algorhythms for EQ. I've used this on my previous phone and it's marvelous. One disadvantage though: rooting completely vapourizes the warranty of your phone and slightly adds a chance your phone'll be bricked. You shouldn't worry though...with apps like One Click Root chances are very very little.

Best regards
Maarten/Meanrat

Suggested posts