Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app crashes while playing on PC

Spotify app crashes while playing on PC

Hello guys I start music on my pc and then I open spotify app on my note 3 android 5.0 to control music or volume but it crashes and it can't recover it self .

I had to force close on task messenger and run it again and some times I do that for 3 times because it can be fixed on the 3rd time.

It happens everytime I deleted app for 3 times and updated so please fix it thanks 

14 Replies

Hey,

Just for clarity, which device is it crashing on? Your Note 3, or your PC? 

Cheers, J

Spotify app on note 3

Okay cool. Well, perhaps it's worth running through the usual suspects first.

Is the phone rooted?;

What version of Android is installed?

Cheers, J

Reboot Delete app Reinstall (3×) Root Android 5.0 Lollipop

I'm wondering if perhaps there's another app interfering with the process. I have the same combo, of desktop and note 3 (on Android 5.0). I take it you don't use anything like Greenify, Tasker etc? I wonder if it's worth disabling some of your more ambiguious app to see if it can relieve it.

The most obvious fix (and definitely the most undesirable) would be to soft reset the device, install spotify alone and see if it works. If it did, then it's definitely another app that's causing the issue. Sadly in instances like this, it's a case of trial and error.

There the problem begins Phone just came from service and new software installed and only 4 apps installed including spotify I got this issue for a week maybe the latest update has a bug ?

Oh that's really frustrating... I haven't done the update to my Note 3 yet!! Samsung make it very difficult to downgrade (unless you're familiar with Odin). I would bet $1,000,000 that that is the problem. You can use XDA Developers if you want to look into downgrading it under the Note 3 section.

Or, wait for another Spotify update to see if it fixes the issue.

Nonetheless, it should really work regardless, and I understand your frustration!

I'am very familiar with the odin and I use same android version since june and there wasn't any problem on pc or on phone app

but suddenly it started crashing and it's not for 1 or 2 time it happens every time and I think that spotify app cause that not samsung software android or etc.

after the running update of spotify app it started acting weird for example it wasn't force closing but I won't be abled to control pc volume on my phone then in started to crash hole app also I tried on my friend lg gflex 2 and the same thing happened so I don't think that it's a coincidence

Spotify developers must check that

Hmm, how strange. So the current version of Spotify on Android, using the 'Connect' system, the application hangs on a Note 3, and LG Flex 2, right?

Have you tried controlling any other device (other than your PC) with your phone? i.e. a different machine, or, an xbox/tablet/ps3/4 etc...?

Yes I tried to control my philips tv and it even not shown in connect it so bad I can't use spotify features which I pay

Is the Philips TV shown on your Desktop PC under connect (just taking the phone out of the situation for a moment). 

I'm wondering if perhaps it's something to do with the overall network rather than Android or indeed, Spotify.

No philips tv even not shown on connect both phone and pc 

Edit: I think that there is no network problem because now I'm on a trip with my pc and phone and it crashes at home I can stream movies from my pc to tv and connect internet and do things like watching videos on youtube or watching espn and I can liston songs on spotify tv app but I can't control it so there is only reason is the Spotify app

Hmm.... I find it strange that the Phillips TV isn't shown on your PC. Just as a test, can you try controlling any of your friends PC's that have Spotify? I know it's a bit of a pain for you, but sometimes it's easier to whittle it down by testing other scenarios.

With the latest update for phone and pc forceclose problem fixed but still I can't control my tv

Suggested posts