Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app for Samsung Gear Fit 2

Solved!

Spotify app for Samsung Gear Fit 2

The Samsung Gear Fit 2 was released 2 weeks ago. All reviews said/showed that it would contain a native spotify app. I´m trying to find that app - but no luck!

Can it be that Spotify only releases it into the US samsung Galaxy apps store? I live in Europe and that might explain it. I wodner if anyone can confirm that this is the case!?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sorry for the delay, had some failed conversion attempts, so it took some more time.

@Kubax wrote:
I'd love to know how you install Spotify on you gear fit 2.

Here is the tutorial:

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi,

I followed exactly the steps described:

1. Get the Hola Free VPN Proxy and install.

2. Remove sim card and connect over Wi-Fi

3. (Extra step) Run once Smart Manager -> Clean all

4. Clear Galaxy Apps data

5. Start the Hola proxy and from the Hola proxy launch Galaxy apps

6. Check the status bar (was saying that something form Hola is turned off and if I want to turn it on.. don't remember what it was)

7. Start Galaxy Apps FROM HOLA go in the gear -> essentials. And there it was

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge

Marked as solution

Amazing, looks like they've implemented offline mode after all! When you click on actual playlist there is 'Download' button, same as on your phone, so it downloads tracks to your watch.

Once I've installed the app it asked me if I've Premium account, then I had to login and offline access was there.

Marked as solution

I also have that bug, in the gear fit shows a different version (1.0)

Marked as solution

Hey all!

We're happy too announce that the Spotify app is now available for you Gear S3, Gear Sport, Gear Fit 2 and Fit 2 Pro, and Galaxy Watch!

Happy listening 🙂

219 Replies

I'm in Canada and can't find the app either. I tried accessing the Galaxy store through 2 different US VPNs and it wasn't available either. 

I then contacted Samsung's support via live chat and all the guy could tell me was that the app was indeed pulled from the app store but he had no other info.

This is infuriating because the Spotify support is the ONE reason I picked up the Gear Fit2 over the competition.

There's currently no app for the Tizen OS but hopefully they're working on it. Check out the ideas section - you'll see that the response in March was "not right now".

No Joe, there is a Spotify app. At least there was...

Just Google it.... 

Here's a review that mentions it: http://www.pcmag.com/review/345061/samsung-gear-fit2

There's even a Spotify leaflet in the box.

That review says "The Fit2 also supports Spotify, but not for streaming music directly from the watch to your earphones. It's a control system that works in conjunction with Spotify on your smartphone to control it, and it's your phone that streams music to your Bluetooth earphones. The Fit2's Spotify app shows album art and can navigate your library's playlists, albums, and songs. It can also play music from Spotify's automatically generated workout playlists. However, you can't browse other music or search from the Fit2."

I suspect this is similar to my Gear S2 on which I can control spotify using the Gear native music app once spotify is running on my phone. It does display album covers, allows play/pause, skip and volume control. But a spotify app it isn't.

Jesus Christ Joe, just read what you've actually quoted... "Spotify app"...

It's not a full client, but you're supposed to be able to dowload your playlists to the Fit2 for offline listening. Check other articles.

Do I really have to take a picture of the Spotify leaflet that's in my Fit2 box?

I'm in Australia and Spotify app is also not available in Samsung Gear store, so looks like US market only.

Contacted Samsung they've told to contact third party deleveper or Spotify in this case. I guess we won't get answers from Spotify, so yeah, bad luck for everyone outside US.

Same thing here in sweden.. no app/leaf:( i was so looking forward to use it as a remote controll:(..  why marking it as spotify remote.. it should say "for US use only"

Yeah people ! Same thing here in Brazil.
I talked with the Samsung's seller and he said to me that will be possible.

I tried connect via BT my earphone+watch+S6, and ....works !

But I couldn't listen with a long distance from my S6+.

So, SPOTIFY, help us !!! Release THE kraken APP FOR GEAR. Just to listen offline.
#releaseapp

Same in Hungary. No Spotify app in Galaxy Apps. 😞

Thank you for all your replys!
I sincerely hope this was not just a marketing hoax.
For me it originally was the thing that made me choose Fit 2!
Let's work on samsung and spotify so they priorities this!

Bought mine in the US just because it had Spotify! Kind of a deal breaker actually...

Man blir lite sur. 😉

I live in Sweden and the stand-alone app is not available here. I just watched a Verge YouTube review of the watch where the app is on the Fit2 https://youtu.be/hunYLg8I1Os

It's also on the Samsung USA website; http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00051414/

Can't wait for it to be released here too since I use Spotify all the time. Just hoping I can download my offline playlists. As of now I can use my Fit2 as a remote fot the Spotify app on my phone.

Desperate for Spotify offline watch storage. It would be the most compelling fitness wearable for all!

I also am unable to get the native spotify application on the gear fit 2, samsung told me to call spotify. How do I contact them other than online? :S

Hello,

I don't think it's possible to call them so I just asked them via a form
when the app will be available in Sweden and if/when it'll support offline
playlists.

Hello again!

So Spotify got back to me and said they will try to figure out when the app will be available in Sweden. They also said it'll have support offline playlists which is real sweet! 🙂

Wow, are you for real regarding offline support? This would be amazing!

I know! That's what they said. 🙂 I'm just emailed them back. Hope it
won't take long until the app shows up in Galaxy Apps with offline support!

Thank you, fingers crossed someone at Spotify didn't get confused and this is indeed a reality!

This would be a smart move for both Spotify and Samsung, I can imagine a lot of people buying watch and subscribing to Spotify premium just for this feature alone.

Suggested posts