Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app for Samsung Gear Fit 2

Solved!

Spotify app for Samsung Gear Fit 2

The Samsung Gear Fit 2 was released 2 weeks ago. All reviews said/showed that it would contain a native spotify app. I´m trying to find that app - but no luck!

Can it be that Spotify only releases it into the US samsung Galaxy apps store? I live in Europe and that might explain it. I wodner if anyone can confirm that this is the case!?

219 Replies

netherlands is live as of today nov 30th

Hi, I can't install Spotify from gear fit app on my iPhone. I can get to the galaxy apps to install Spotify however the little circle of death keeps spinning or disappears and have to trun again. 

Watch says latest software is downloaded R365XXU2AQG9.

Help please??

You may have to try and reset to factory settings. Perhaps maybe even turn the unit on then off and try to update. I can't recall which firmware version I had prior to R360XXU1DQJ3 but this is the version that allowed me to obtain Spotify.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give it a go.

Cheers

Tried reinstalling gear fit on phone, reset the watch and still told me latest software was installed. 

Circle of death is still there when trying to install spotify. 

Hello,

For Iphone users, you need to update the watch firmware through an Android phone first.

While using the Iphone app, the app showed that the firmware version was up to date.

However, when I installed the app on my gf's phone (a P10), it immediately prompted me to update to a newer version.

After the update, I reconected the watch to my Iphone, and Spotify was there.

I found that the spotify app would not download if I was using wifi. As soon as I turned it off and used mobile data. It downloaded without a problem. Not sure why. But it works!!

I'm in the US but can't find the Spotify app in the Gear Fit app on IOS. I called Samsung and they said call Spotify. I've followed the steps here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00051414/ but Spotify is not listed.

The IOS app doesn’t have Spotify, I add to use an Android phone and pair it with the Gear Fit, then ir prompted me to update the software, after that the app showed up on the android Gear app. Simply download it to the watch and then pair it again with your Iphone.

Searching for this app on the Galaxy store yields nothing today for me in America, 26-Feb-2018.

Gotta be in an android phone, iOS still doesn’t have it.

Works fine on iPhone. 

Need to make sure gear fit 2 pro app is downloaded from iTunes. Then install Spotify through the samsung galaxy apps in the settings page. 

As of today, March 6th, 2018, I can attest that the Spotify app is back on the Samsung Galaxy store under the Gear tab, in the Entertainment apps group. I've installed it on my Gear Fit2 and did successfully login to Spotify (it is also installed on my Samsung Galaxy S5). This is absolutely the most exciting app on my smartwatch now, buddy.

When you download song to your GF2 and and listen it offline (without phone and wifi) on your bluetooth earphones, does it still stutter?

(https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Spotify-stutters-on-samsung-gear-fit-2/m-p/2113167)

Can anybody confirm that Samsung Gear Fit 2 (not Pro) works with Spotify offline downloading? Stuttering is solved..?

I have iPhone and I'm in Europe..

Thanks!

Has been working with mine in the UK for sometime now but I haven't used it in a while as I also have a Gear S3 that it works on ok as well

I bought Gear Fit2 Pro and Iconx 2018 and I am facing many problems of connections.

Today (March 24th) I have tried many things I found in internet and none worked. My problem is to connect to Spotify and use it offline to listen in my iconx while running. So I will be using Gear fit and Iconx only.

I did it once the whole connection but not getting success after restarting Gear Fit because of Heart Rate problem.

It is really frustrating seeing this problem as a open issue for so many years.

Unfortunately we come across this issues only when we have these gadgets on hands and faces these errors.

Not sure who the fauty is but please, fix it. It's really expensive to  it work properly.

Thank you.

I have a new gear Fit2 and can’t find the Spotify app anywhere. I am in the uk and have tried using the hola vpn fix but still no results for Spotify in the galaxy apps accessed through the Samsung galaxy apps option in my Samsung gear app. Can anyone advise how to find Spotify?! 

How do I go back to the spotify "home" screen when using the app on a gearfit 2?

I have to restart the watch currently after changing the volume.

Marked as solution

Hey all!

We're happy too announce that the Spotify app is now available for you Gear S3, Gear Sport, Gear Fit 2 and Fit 2 Pro, and Galaxy Watch!

Happy listening 🙂

Suggested posts