Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app for Samsung Gear Fit 2

Solved!

Spotify app for Samsung Gear Fit 2

The Samsung Gear Fit 2 was released 2 weeks ago. All reviews said/showed that it would contain a native spotify app. I´m trying to find that app - but no luck!

Can it be that Spotify only releases it into the US samsung Galaxy apps store? I live in Europe and that might explain it. I wodner if anyone can confirm that this is the case!?

219 Replies

You need to do it through the samsung gear app.

Why this app has not been released for worldwide users, I mean.. Spotify is available here in Norway as well, not just in the US.. so why can't we have the companion app on our watch? That is so weird... I would really like to know the reason for this, as it is one of the best uses for this thing. I normally go jogging with my phone inside a special pocket, meaning that accessing it is hard. The watch would be awesome for switching music etc. 

I got the watch due to the Note 7 recall, together with an S7 Edge, thinking it would include the app on the watch as well.. I do have Spotify on my phone, and can easily listen to it there.. but apparently they have blocked me from being able to access it on my watch. Why?!

I'm starting a project to release a free, open-source, Spotify app for Samsung Gear platforms (watches).  If you're interested as a user of the app, or a software developer who'd like to contribute as a part of the development team, please check out my Reddit post here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sgears2/comments/5bqjnq/new_project_develop_spotify_app_for_samsung_gear/

Hopefully the release of a Spotify app with offline support to the Gear S3 in December will lead to a near release to the Fit2.

Spotify will launch its dedicated application for the Gear S3 in December - SamMobile
http://www.sammobile.com/2016/11/23/spotify-will-launch-its-dedicated-application-for-the-gear-s3-in...

I followed the steps, and it worked out, but I cannot listen Spotify tracks if I'm offline.

Hi, Thiagova10.

Can you explain ? I followed the steps, I tried ten times, never with success.

Maybe you did something extra.

Thanks for your help.

I have a S7 Edge and Spotify Premium. Im from Argentina

I didi all the steps but i could´nt find wich app has the us flag

Did you removed your phone chip? I just remove chip then open Hola!

Hi.
Yes, I've removed the chip, and follow the steps, but...Spotify never
appear.
I've tried several times.

Hello Samsung. I change my phone to Nexus 6p and now, I can't work. Just show me msg: "Unable to Start Spotify. BT disconnected". Thanks for help me.

So, I don't think sure if this is a "tipping point" for solution but I changed my language Android System to English!!! Would you like to try it?
Screenshot_20161222-192022.png
Screenshot_20161222-192030.png
Screenshot_20161222-192054.png

Screenshot_20161222-192209.png
Screenshot_20161222-192215.png
Screenshot_20161222-192230.png

Hi there. I can not see spotify app in NewZealand is there anyway to download it ? Thanks

Hi-

Had no issues downloading the Spotify app on my Gear Fit 2. However, Im not able to start it. Reads "Unable to start Spotify. BT disconnected". I do infact have it connected. Using a OnePlus3. Thanks 

Hey @Oneplus3 I've seen several reports of this error when S2/S3 wearables are paired to non-samsung phones which suggests the problem is in the app.

I suggest you use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

@Joe wrote:

Hey @Oneplus3 I've seen several reports of this error when S2/S3 wearables are paired to non-samsung phones which suggests the problem is in the app.

I suggest you use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

@Joe I'm on my samsung galaxy s7 edge and still have unable to connect BT error.

please help me!

hi,

i just got my gear fit S2, which i bought for the spotify compatibility. But i can't find the app in the Samsung app store 😞 Is there a way to install it? tried using Hola, but it didnt seem to work

I am from The Netherlands btw.

i did without hola. download opera vpn set it united states. eject your simcard turn your phone language to english united states, remove simcard, clear data of galaxy apps than open galaxy apps search spotify.

Idem here!
In Argentina doesn't show the spotify app.
Why?

@simonreis wrote:
Hello again!

So Spotify got back to me and said they will try to figure out when the app will be available in Sweden. They also said it'll have support offline playlists which is real sweet! 🙂

So looks like this was false news after all? 

Suggested posts