Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app keeps crashing whenever connected to bluetooth earbuds (Jabra Elite 3)

Spotify app keeps crashing whenever connected to bluetooth earbuds (Jabra Elite 3)

Plan

Premium

Country

Malaysia

Device

Oppo Reno 5 (5G)

Operating System

Android ColorOS 12

My Question or Issue

Hello everyone! I'm going through a big issue at the moment with my spotify application. For more context, previously when I use my bluetooth earbuds (Jabra Elite 3) and connect them to my phone (Oppo Reno 5), I have no issues whatsoever, be it listening to Youtube, Spotify, etc. However, just yesterday Spotify kept crashing whenever I try to launch it with my earbuds connected. When my earbuds are not connected, I can launch it with no issues whatsoever. I have already tried the recommended solutions, but to no avail. I have already done a deep clean reinstall with the app, restarted my phone multiple times, and whatnot. This is a huge inconvenience to me as I always use my earbuds and listen to music throughout the day. I have even paired and unpaired my bluetooth earbuds to my phone. With the earbuds connected, I have no issues doing anything else such as listening to Youtube, or even Spotify Web Player on mobile, but the app always crashes, and will only not crash when the earbuds are disconnected. I am genuinely confused as to what the issue is, so I really would appreciate any help I can get. 

Thank you! 

Top Answer
Ryokan
Casual Listener

Hi all, suffering from the same problem with pretty much identical setup. OnePlus 9 Pro, Android 12, Spotify crashes immediately when connected to Jabra Elite 3 with aptX. Restart of phone and clearing of app data won't fix the issue. Problem has started within the last week.

EDIT: Learned from another thread that revoking the "Nearby devices" permission for Spotify might fix this, and it did it for me. If Spotify asks for the permission again when starting, deny.

51 Replies

galaxy buds+, codec aac

spotify crashes when bluetooth is connected after an unknown amount of time. Same happens in my car.

oneplus 7t

android 11

oxygen os 11.0.6.1.hd65aa

spotify version: 8.7.20.1261

battery optimization off

spotify doesn't have nearby permissions listed, so can't deny them

Hey folks,

Thank you for your inputs so far!

We've reported this to our internal teams who are now investigating it. If you're experiencing this, be sure to share the following, so we can forward the details to the right folks:

• Your device's make, model and OS version.
  • The version of Spotify you're running.
  • The model of your bluetooth earbuds.

Thanks! As soon as we have any updates on this, rest assured we'll keep you posted here.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Bonjour, 

J'ai installé une mise à jour en passant par google play de l'application, et je suis maintenant sur la version 8.7.22.1125.

Je n'ai pas eu de problèmes depuis en utilisant mes écouteurs Jabra Elite 3. A suivre...

Thank you so much!!! You're a life saver

After updating my Android on one plus 8 pro the app kept crashing when pairing Bluetooth earbuds (several were tried, notably Sony and Bose) but found a scuffed fix by disabling the premission for scan nearby devices.
Now the the music comes through but stops by itself and the play bar in the app is gone.

I'm using the latest Spotify version and android version.

Last Spotify version (8.7.22.1125), running on android, seems to have solved the problem related with my bluetooth headphones !! I never used the trick that some of you proposed (disable discover nearby devices) because I use nearby devices ! (my sonos system).. The last three weeks (since my first post) I've been using wired earbuds..  great to pair my bluetooth Bose headphones again !! Hope all of you solve the problem with this app update

as above - spotify version 8.7.22.1125 seems to have solved the issue. I will keep monitoring this.

Hey there @dave1p and @Spoty2022,

Thanks for letting us know that the issue has been resolved with the last release 🙂

Don't hesitate to get back in touch if the issue returns.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Same problem here on a Moto One 5G UW paired to JBL Tune120TWS. The issue started within the past week for me.

Hey there @080_5a-kjppuz,

Thanks for flagging this with us.

Can you check if there are any pending OS or firmware updates on your phone? 

You can also check if the app is crashing if you connect to another BT device like a speaker. This way we can narrow down the issue.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

Thanks for checking.

There were no pending OS or firmware updates at the time on the Moto One and I had soft and hard restarted the device several times. The JBL headphones were able to pair with other BT devices which were not the Moto One and apps on the Moto One without issue.

However, I did find that once the headphones were paired and then functioned through another app on the Moto One, reopening Spotify and listening through the paired headphones functioned through Spotify again.

Hey @080_5a-kjppuz,

Thank you for keeping in contact. 

We appreciate the time you took following the troubleshooting steps and sharing the workaround you found. 

For the users that are still having this issue, could you try the process mentioned by @080_5a-kjppuz to see if it makes any difference?

However, if the issue is persistent after the workaround, would you mind trying to pair a speaker or a different Bluetooth device if possible?

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts