Premium

Country

Poland 

Device

Samsung Note 4 LTE (N910C)

Operating System

Android 6.0

My Question or Issue

I had to be frustrated for two or three years for two bugs, although I have Google Play auto-update of apps enabled, and I had seen previously Spotify to be updated there. But when I clean-reinstalled the app, then I see that the app interface is fixed/better. So my question is HOW CAN IT BE? Spotify app was being updated by Google Play on my Android devices together with all other apps, at least I recall to see Spotify updated there from time to time.

The more important question is: should I expect such a thing in the future? Should I expect the Spotify app to not be properly updated, and worry about it all the time? E.g. reinstalling the app and redownloading 20-30 GB of offline content from time to time "just in case" to see if there is a new version of the app?

DETAILS:

After at least two years of annoyance because two problems, I finally wanted to report them because I started using Android Spotify Premium more and could not wait. It was very strange for me that the two big problems had not been fixed for so long time, so I finally arranged some time for reporting them to Spotify, and found that there are already some old reports (two links below) and after clean install of the app I see that it has a different fixed interface and functionality where the two problems are gone!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Mobile-Make-the-Option-Button-bigger/idi-p/1350001

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-New-music-won-t-stay-downloaded/idi-p/162992

1 Reply

Hi @TomTomTomTomT

Don't worry your app is properly updated. It pulls a lot of things from Spotify servers directly so not all of the interface is actually in the app but it is loaded from the internet. That is why sometimes Spotify may update something on their servers which changes the interface without updating the app itself. Also, they are known to do what is called A/B testing in which they push some updates only to certain people to test it. Reinstalling the app may trigger some of this so that is why it looks different.

Hope this explains it.

Suggested posts