Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 22 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • ryan886
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Spotify playlist,followers,Internet profile,sorting music

PlanFreeCountryItalyDevice(Sony Z3C,Samsung tablet)Operating System(Android KK) My Question or Issue Hi, about my account -Android with Kitkat and newest version/gui, Spotify Free version,smartphone.I have 92 playlists(most of them are mine,a bunch a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Italy Device (Sony Z3C,Samsung tablet) Operating System (Android KK)   My Question or Issue   Hi, about my account   -Android with Kitkat and newest vers...
  • Footballroybal
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify connect starts and stops at random

My Question or IssueUsing spotify connect at home. Without changing any settings, since about a week the music starts and stops at random. Having to press play to restart the music from time to time is annoying, but music that starts to blast through...

• My Question or Issue Using spotify connect at home. Without changing any settings, since about a week the music starts and stops at random. Having to press play to restart the music from time to tim...
  • pdhoff
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

[Android] The App takes a lot to start working after I open it

Hello,I'm have a Premium version of Spotify, but I'm having some trouble with the app on Android.After I open Spotify it takes a lot to start working properly (2-3 minutes or more), by this I mean that if I try to do something it starts loading ang g...

• Hello, I'm have a Premium version of Spotify, but I'm having some trouble with the app on Android. After I open Spotify it takes a lot to start working properly (2-3 minutes or more), by this I mea...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting Radio-Playlists from "last heared"

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceSamsung Galaxy s8 Operating System My Question or Issue I want to delete the 4 Radio-Playlists from the spotify mobile app from last heared and they won't go away. Please help me, it drives me crazy

• Plan Premium Country   Device Samsung Galaxy s8  Operating System     My Question or Issue  I want to delete the 4 Radio-Playlists from the spotify mobile app from ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No videos option in my country

I live in Malaysia and I recently only found out that the users can watch videos on Spotify but there is no such option for me. I just wanted to know whether I should update my app or its a regional thing.

• I live in Malaysia and I recently only found out that the users can watch videos on Spotify but there is no such option for me. I just wanted to know whether I should update my app or its a regional ...
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does clicking on a song change my repeat/shuffle settings?

PlanPremiumPlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceLG V30+Operating SystemAndroid OreoMy Question or IssueBefore I start, I know that the "solution" to this is to go and reenable those settings. My question is why was this implemented? It's counter-intuitive and a...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Plan Premium Country US Device LG V30+ Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue Before I start, I know that the "solution" to this is to go and reenable those se...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

'Repeat all' or 'shuffle' not staying on if i switch playlists or devices

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceMy samsung galaxy 9 and windows PCOperating SystemAndroid Oreo and Windows 10 My Question or IssueThis didn't happen before the last update, but now if I select 'repeat all' or 'shuffle', they will not remain selected if I...

• Plan Premium Country USA   Device My samsung galaxy 9 and windows PC Operating System Android Oreo and Windows 10   My Question or Issue This didn't happen before the last u...
  • TK702
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

(bug) Update notification

As of about two days ago, Spotify is giving me a pop-up constantly telling me that my device needs updated to Android version 4.0 or higher.It's never told me this before, because my Android version is 7.0+It doesn't need updated. So I'm not sure why...

• Regular
  • As of about two days ago, Spotify is giving me a pop-up constantly telling me that my device needs updated to Android version 4.0 or higher. It's never told me this before, because my Android versio...
  • AstanoVidatu
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Large Playlist Won't Load Saved to SD Card

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceMotorola Moto X4Operating SystemAndroid 8.0 I recently migrated my Spotify cache to my SD card so I can save my music on there and relieve space on my phones storage. Since this SD card is 128 GB I have plenty of space for...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device Motorola Moto X4 Operating System Android 8.0   I recently migrated my Spotify cache to my SD card so I can save my music on there and relieve...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can only play short previews of songs

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceSamsung Galaxy S8+Operating SystemAndroid OreoMy Question or Issue I cannot play more than 30 seconds or so of any tracks at all. These same tracks like those in my library can be played full on Windows 10 at home. I hav...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Samsung Galaxy S8+ Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue  I cannot play more than 30 seconds or so of any tracks at all.  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Music Stops Playing Randomly

I was looking at the forums and noticed this was an issue a few years ago, but this is my first time experiencing said issue. Spotify will randomly stop playing every few minutes, anywhere from 10-30 minutes. It will completely exit out of the app as...

• Casual Listener
  • I was looking at the forums and noticed this was an issue a few years ago, but this is my first time experiencing said issue.   Spotify will randomly stop playing every few minutes, anywhere f...
  • 4-_kkqtzazsl3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download and update playlists - Android

PlanPremiumCountry BrazilDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 8Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Estou tentando baixar músicas e seguir alguns artistas e ele simplesmente não deixa, desativa sozinho o download e o seguir. Já fiz tudo que é possível f...

• Plan Premium Country  Brazil Device Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  Estou tentando baixar músicas e seguir alguns artistas e ele simple...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatic Shuffle OFF

PlanPremiumCountryThe Netherlands DeviceSamsung Galaxy S7 EdgeOperating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or Issue Whenever I'm listening to my playlist, and I click a song on that playlist, the Shuffle mode will be turned off, aswell as the 'repeat' but...

• Plan Premium Country The Netherlands   Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue  Whenever I'm listening to my playlist, and I click ...
  • ccpoo4k8-w_ej
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution ''this song is not available if you have the file on your computer you can import it''

Hey Spotify community.A quick backstory: I've had Spotify for a year before it came to my country (using VPN)and everything worked. But now, there are few tracks that are ''greyed out'' from my playlist, without the option to play it. When I click on...

• Hey Spotify community. A quick backstory: I've had Spotify for a year before it came to my country (using VPN) and everything worked. But now, there are few tracks that are ''greyed out'' from...
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Swiping left

Hello.When the screen "playlist radio based on" is up and you flick left to go to next song.Is it possible to continue playing the song and keep flicking left without it automatically starting??I like finding new music but get annoyed with flicking l...

• Hello. When the screen "playlist radio based on" is up and you flick left to go to next song. Is it possible to continue playing the song and keep flicking left without it automatically starting?? ...
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue selecting songs in Playlist

PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9 My Question or Issue I have two issues when it comes to selecting songs in my playlists.The first concerns shuffling, whenever I select a song in my playlist, the application turns of shuffle mode and I have to manua...

•   Plan Premium Device Samsung Galaxy 9     My Question or Issue  I have two issues when it comes to selecting songs in my playlists. The first concerns shuffling, wheneve...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cracking Sound on songs, when screen is off, samsung

Hi ! I have been experiencing a cracking noise on all my songs when the screen off on my Samsung S9+. It doesn't happen when I use the phone at the same time (screen is on)Ive already tried an clean reinstall, switching of the equaliser, downloading ...

• Hi ! I have been experiencing a cracking noise on all my songs when the screen off on my Samsung S9+. It doesn't happen when I use the phone at the same time (screen is on) Ive already t...
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Carcking
    Samsung galaxy S9+
    screen off
    sound
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Daily mix stops after playing first batch of songs - No new songs added

First of all, big thanks for the Daily Mix. I think it can become an awesome feature of Spotify. I'm playing the Daily Mix from my android phone to my PC but the playlist stops as soon as it has played the last song. On the bottom of the playlist it ...

• Roadie
  • First of all, big thanks for the Daily Mix. I think it can become an awesome feature of Spotify.   I'm playing the Daily Mix from my android phone to my PC but the playlist stops as soon ...
  • agdam001
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist filters doesn't update which song is positioned where in playlist

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceSamsung Galaxy S6Operating SystemAndroid 7 My Question or Issuehttps://youtu.be/CPh7oGjOqjI See how it plays the tracks that are in the same positions in the playlists without the filter.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Samsung Galaxy S6 Operating System Android 7   My Question or Issue https://youtu.be/CPh7oGjOqjI See how it plays the tracks that are in the same pos...
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps disabling shuffle when selecting a song in a playlist

I don't know if i'm the only one who thinks this is bothering, but when i select a song manually i don't want to disable shuffling the rest of the songs. I want shuffle to be the default always on unless i specify something else.

• Visitor
  • I don't know if i'm the only one who thinks this is bothering, but when i select a song manually i don't want to disable shuffling the rest of the songs. I want shuffle to be the default always on un...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes