Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app on Samsung galaxy s3

Spotify app on Samsung galaxy s3

Hi Spotify, i pay for you'r service so i demand that you **bleep**ing take a look at your **bleep**ing app !!! i pay because i cant listen at music from spotify on my phone if i dont and what do i get as reward? the replay button dont work for **bleep** sake it dosent even work on the pc version **bleep** tard programmers ! another bigger problem is that it shows 0 tracks on many of my playlists ? and the playlists that works dosent ''update'' my music in them so if i etc add 5 new tracks to one of the working playlists they wount be avaliable on my phone ??? and god i hate that your app suddently cant access some of my playlists.... when i push the button of my playlists where it says 0 tracks it go in and there are no songs avaliable even tho ive used the playlist before way back when everything were working fine allso at the button it says No internet connection avaliable even tho i have 3g unlimited access (10gb) allmost unlimited.. (please note it allways says no internet connection at the button even in the one/8 playlist that works for me...

please fix this crap its not for fun i pay for it...

10 Replies

Hi!

Welcome to the Community and what a great message you put up. Really helps to determinate the problem cause.

Lets get to it then shall we?.

So you have a Galaxy S III and are you using the 4.0.4 or the new JB (4.1) Android OS on it? Are you using the newest Spotify client? Has it ever worked before? If it hasn't, I would like to know what have you tried to do to solve the issue? Are everything working on your PC? Have you tried to uninstall the Spotify app from the Galaxy device, and then reinstalling it?

Are you connected via Wifi or just your 3G/4G mobile network?

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

I have a Galaxy S3, running 4.0.4. Spotify works on my PC, but I can't listen to my downloaded playlists on my phone. online help says set something to offline -- I've set my PC to offline, but still can't listen -- I get a message "only premium users can stream on demand on mobile." any ideas?

@wannaB wrote:

I have a Galaxy S3, running 4.0.4. Spotify works on my PC, but I can't listen to my downloaded playlists on my phone. online help says set something to offline -- I've set my PC to offline, but still can't listen -- I get a message "only premium users can stream on demand on mobile." any ideas?

Your mobile client sounds like it hasn't picked up your subscription yet. 

Try logging out of Spotify on phone, fully restarting the device and logging back in again using the same details you use to login on the desktop version.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I also have the Galaxy SIII, and your cross-fade feature doesn't work with locally stored music files.

all that fahh nunn

Gs3 still doesnt work? I just got one and only some of my playlists have sound. Is there a real solution?

@Maestro wrote:
Gs3 still doesnt work? I just got one and only some of my playlists have sound. Is there a real solution?

Have you tried fully restarting your phone (battery pull)? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

hi there, I have a Samsung Galaxy S advance and recently a Premium membership, so I can listen to the music at my phone. Yesterday  there wasn't a single problem in listening, but today it'sgetting worse and worse.

The music stops every few seconds and plays on then for the next few seconds. Very annoying!

I reinstalled the app on my phone, but the problem is still the same.

I hope someone has a good suggestion? 

Why is Spotify so complacent about their app not running reliably on Galaxy S III?  The Galaxy S line must have one of the largest installed bases in the industry.  It consistently loses my downloaded playlists, reports that it cannot read my microSD card or that its full when it has GBs of available space.  Causes me to have to redundantly download playlists taking my time using WiFi and capacity on my dataplan.  The cost of Spotify is higher than it's $10 a month.

No problem on my PC, iPad or iPod, but I'm looking to reduce the number of devices, not proliferate them.

Most consistently posted solution is to uninstall and reinstall, but it doesn't work at all on my Verizon Android 4.3 Galaxy S III.  It's the only app I run that assume my phone, phone OS, and underlying hardware are defective.  Not a good support strategy.  Took phone to Verizon store and they recommended I stop running Spotify.

I've been a Premium member for almost a year and from the start Spotify has been sketchy.  You know that when a competing package comes to market that delivers the same service and actually works reliably your customer base will abandon you immediately.  Get it together. Hope that IPO works out for you.

well i do not have any problems on my s3 ._. 

Suggested posts