Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app won't stream or properly sync playlists

Spotify app won't stream or properly sync playlists

I have a spotify unlimited subscription and downloaded the android app today to try the 2 day premium trial. Whenever I try to play a song it just shows me a box saying "info" with an ok option and that's it, it won't play anything that isn't a local file.

I tried to sync a playlist to my phone and it downloaded maybe 20-30 songs out of 150 then just stopped. I made a test playlist with one song and have tried making that available offline but it doesn't do anything.

I've tried restarting, my phone is charging and connected to the same wireless network my laptop is connected to. It just doesn't seem to work at all.

Phone is a samsung galaxy s2 running ICS if that matters.

4 Replies

Have you tried the beta preview release? http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Yes I found that a few minutes after making this thread. It doesn't solve any of my problems unfortunately. I can sync tracks that are on my laptop as local files to my phone and access those offline fine but I can't access any songs online.

Here's an example, I search for Soundgarden and pick the album Superunknown, which I know is available on the laptop client, and this is all I get, no tracks visible:

Screenshot_2012-05-09-00-24-48.png

if I try to download a playlist with songs that aren't local files on my laptop the playlist screen is just completely empty and nothing happens.

Well it seems I don't actually have a 2 day free trial. Does this not happen if you're already an unlimited subscriber?

I don't know for sure but it's probably only for new customers
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Suggested posts