Premium

Country

Canada

Device

TCL 20 Pro 5G (yes I regret it)

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I always keep the Media volume muted on my phone.  90% of the time, if I un-mute the phone, Spotify will automatically starup.  How do I prevent this?  BTW, there are no Bluetooth devices available to connect at the time.  Turning off "Autoplay on this device" does not help either.

5 Replies

Hey @robg57,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

The Autoplay feature that you've mentioned is not connected with auto-starting of the app, but it refers to starting an automated song mix based on the last song you've heard in a given playlist or album. More on that feature and the way it works you can read here.  

In any case auto-starting of the app is not expected, so maybe it would be worthwhile to do a clean reinstall of the app, as this is more thorough than the normal one and ensures that no cached data will cause interference with the new installation of your app. See if this will make a difference and normalize the behavior of the app.

If the above does not help, please return with info about your current version of Spotify and a short video of the situation you're experiencing, so we can take a closer look and advise you better.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for trying but it didn't help.

Honestly, I'm not surprised.  This phone is an absolute nightmare.  It constantly resets various permission settings for apps and does other strange things.

Hey there @robg57

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We're sorry to know that. No worries, we can try a few more steps to make sure we've covered all bases.

Could you try logging out > restarting your phone > logging back in again to see if that makes the difference?

It's also a good idea to exclude the app from any Battery optimization software that might be active on your smartphone.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks, but unfortunately nothing helps.  It still randomly starts up when I turn up the Media volume.  I'm fairly sure the problem is with my phone.  Way too many issues with it and their support is of absolutely no help.

Hey @robg57,

Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps we've provided.

It really looks like a device related issue. Some Android ROMs are different than others, indeed.

On another note, I personally use a cheap Samsung s20 and it doesn't come with many surprises when it comes to app behavior, except maybe Bixby.

I'm sorry to not be able to help further, but hey, you just discovered a shortcut to your favorite music! (too soon?)

Let us know if you need anything else,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts