Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify blitzed all my mobile data

Spotify blitzed all my mobile data

Hiya,

I am using Spotify on my Samsung S8 and for the first time ever I got the text to say that I had used all my data up - when I checked on the settings for this billing cycle it says that I have used almost 4GB from the 5GB allowance I have on Spotify alone. It says that most of this 4GB was used within the space of 1 week at the back end of September - is there any way that I can find out what exactly it was using it on (eg downloading playlists, updates etc)? I already have the only playlists I regularly listen to saved on my phone from months ago and I havent downloaded anymore of those and when I stream it is almost always on WiFi. Just to give a comparison - for the past year, the most data I have used on Spotify each month has been at max 1.8GB a month.

I had a look on the account settings page on the app and on my account and can't see anything out of the ordinary! My wifi is also not set to disconnect after a certain amount of time so it wasn't a timeout but I don't listen to anything overnight anyway that would have given it the opportunity to lapse.

Any ideas would be appreciated just so I can make sure this doesnt happen again!

Thanks 🙂

0 Replies

Suggested posts