Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify buffering at end of every song

Solved!

Spotify buffering at end of every song

Hey there.

I have problem with Spotify in Android after update. I updated Spotify and now it keeps buffering at end of song, at every song. Playback stops at end of song befere crossfade and then continue. I have no problems with Internet, as my mobile dataplan is Unlimited and 2M/0.5M, even on Wifi it keeps stopping playback at end for while.

It sounds like song is playing, but before outro it stops and continue to play after some seconds and then next song will play near end, then stops, continue to play and then change to next.

What is this and How to fix?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there Meredith.

I got some update or don't know what, but this works now on my mobile. Big smile

Thanks!

View solution in original post

33 Replies

Does the same happen with offline playlists?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, in Offline playlist too this buffering (playback stops for some seconds at every song end).

Even on Wifi! I just don't know what's it. Never had this before, but after some Spotify update it keeps stopping. Will reinstall soon, inform to this post what's going on then.

Update: Clean reinstall fixed this problem, now song goes with crossfade to another without buffering/stops.

Clean reinstall fixed problem only for a while. Now it's again buffering at end.

Now I'm trying this over Wifi (cable modem 100M/5M). If works, then my mobile network should be crappy. Even if I use Forced 3G status.

Also on Wifi same problem. It's a bug!!!

I escalated this to staff. I think it's bug. Tried in many networks, cable modem wifi, mobile network. Another wifi at my parents.

Are you using free or premium?

Have a feeling this might be related to this bug:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/Android-Songs-randomly-stop-playing/td-p/381206

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm Premium customer for ages. I will look at link.

Hey there.

I know where problem is. It's in Crossfade mode.

When I disabled crossfate, track played to the end without interruptions. So it is crossfade which when enabled do this interruption.

Please fix!

Does setting crossfade to 12 seconds not work either?

It works, but it stops for some seconds before crossfade, so there is interruptions. When I disabled the crossfade, track changed instantly to another without "like buffering" effect. I even contacted my teleoperator and they said coverage area here in 3G is strong. Base station is less than 1 kilometer. So no problem in my Internet and then I tried to disable crossfade and it fixed problem - and now I'm without crossfade.

I hope that someone from Spotify will read this, because I'm sure problem is in crossfade, there is bug in it since one update. For sure!

Doing the same thing for me, ever since maybe two or three updates ago. Crossfade no longer works correctly, the song playing cuts out for a second or two when the crossfade begins. Super annoying! Hope it gets fixed soon.

The same thing Here. I have two android devices(android 4.4 kitkat and 2.6 Gingerbread) and both have a gap(maybe a half second) at the beginning of the crossfade feature,no matter if online or offline(Premium User). I hoped with this update today this bug would be fixed, but it doesn't. 

Please Fix, it is really annoying!!!!

Thanks for posting @user-removed -- we'd like to gather a bit more info!

If you're experiencing this please post the following: 

1. Your device

2. Operating system

3. Spotify app version installed

4. Have you already tried a clean reinstall? 

As soon as we've got more info or requests we'll post here.

Thanks Meredith for understanding my problem.

I have Samsung Galaxy S 2 Plus, Android 4.1.2, Spotify version 0.7.6.343. Have tried re-install of Spotify with no help, only removing crossfade remove this problem.

My device:  Samsung Galaxy S 4G

Operating System:  Android Gingerbread.VUVKJ6, Firmware 2.3.6

Spotify version: 0.7.6.343

Clean reinstall does nothing to solve the issue.

The dropout in the crossfade occurs no matter if I'm listening to downloaded playlists or online Spotify radio. 

The audio dropout appears to be occurring just before the beginning of the crossfade, right when the next song would be buffering in ahead of the actual crossfade.  If I turn crossfade off, the problem goes away.  Gapless on or off has no effect on solving the issue.

Hope this helps.

I have been evaluating the free Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy Victory, and I must say I have this same issue, PLUS, if I pick up my phone to see why the music has stopped, it says that there is no internet connection, even when I am on my home wifi, which is ridiculous, then it immediately connects and starts playing.

All in all, I love what Spotify is, but bveing the way it ACTS in my evaluation, I will not be ugrading to the paid version.  I just can't see myself PAYING for a service and still suffering these issues as the person having this problem and who is apparently a paying member.

Let me know when you have some thing that actually works, then I'll think about it.  And I don't really care that you may say it could be my phone.

I have updated my mobile data plan to better offer for year inmy operator and now I have 21 Mbps internet, even with that I have that problem, so it's not related to Internet!!!

I had before 2M/0.5M Unlimited mobile internet, 300 min of voice (mobile/landline) and 25 sms/mms for 12,90 €.

Now I have offer with 21M/5M Unlimited mobile internet, 5000 min of voice (mobile/landline) and 5000 sms/mms for 14,85 € (12 months, -50% from normal price 29,70 €). Dat offers in Finland, very cheap mobile data plans! After year of offer I will see what's is better plan then because I really ned only Internet. For now this offer is ausome.

But like I said, there is no help for this Spotify issue, so this is not related to internet, it's issue of Crossfade.

I've noticed this behaviour on Playlists which I've played more than once.... I have a funny inkling that this maybe to do with the way it's cached on the mobile.

I could be completely wrong, but new tracks.radio etc seem to crossfade for me just fine, but a playlist I've played recently may get the buffer second in the middle.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

i have the exact same issue, the songs stops playing completely a few seconds before fading into a new song. been doing this for a few weeks (samsung galaxy note II, spotify version 0.7.6.343, premium account)

Hpguru, my home wifi is a 60 mbs connection, which is why I said it's ridiculous for this app to say "no internet connection" for a split second before it resumes playing when I pick it up to see what is wrong. Great idea, badly implemented.

Suggested posts