Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Please don't send alerts to my phone that start with 'Lick my **bleep**'

Even if I would like to listen to this song, I would not like this alert to just randomly appear on my phone. I can't think of a single context in which anyone would want this alert to pop up on their phone. I consider this rude and inconsiderate to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Even if I would like to listen to this song, I would not like this alert to just randomly appear on my phone. I can't think of a single context in which anyone would want this alert to pop up on thei...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

sharing music to facebook

I have android phone and i cannot share music to facebook. I have a facebook account. Is there an issue with this problem. I can share music through my tablet no problem. Any suggestions please...

• Casual Listener
  • I have android phone and i cannot share music to facebook. I have a facebook account. Is there an issue with this problem. I can share music through my tablet no problem. Any suggestions please...
  • alfie29
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

"My music" automatically sync ?

Hi Sorry I'm new and a little bit confused with the "My music" feature. On my desktop, I saved lots of music (by clicking the "plus" sign and the "import" button on album pages). On my mobile, all this music is automatically sync... When I go to "my ...

• Hi   Sorry I'm new and a little bit confused with the "My music" feature. On my desktop, I saved lots of music (by clicking the "plus" sign and the "import" button on album pages). On my...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading music

I have songs on my Samsung 4s, and I want to know if there is a way to put those songs onto my spotify app without using a computer.

• I have songs on my Samsung 4s, and I want to know if there is a way to put those songs onto my spotify app without using a computer.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

solution for sharing to facebook timeline manually no longer works

A few days ago the "share to facebook" feature of the spotify client stopped working. I get a "something went wrong" error - retries fail too. I tried sharing to the clipboard then posting that to facebook. That also failed. However, changing the URL...

• Music Fan
  • A few days ago the "share to facebook" feature of the spotify client stopped working. I get a "something went wrong" error - retries fail too.   I tried sharing to the clipboard then posting...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! sync only when plugged in

Hi there, I was wondering if there is a setting, or option for future release to incorperating syncing only when plugged into a charger. there is a setting to sync only when connected to wifi, I was wondering if there is one for plug in as well. I do...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,  I was wondering if there is a setting, or option for future release to incorperating syncing only when plugged into a charger. there is a setting to sync only when connected to wif...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Muse The 2nd Law doesn't work

Hi, I have a problem with this album. The hole album is only with music but not with voice. I dont know why, the problem is on my cellphone and my laptop. Please, help me with that. Thanks.

• Hi, I have a problem with this album. The hole album is only with music but not with voice. I dont know why, the problem is on my cellphone and my laptop.   Please, help me with that. ...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

last.fm scrobble caching in new app

Okay so one thing I love about the new app is that it seems to be caching and posting more tracks to last.fm while having been forced into "offline" mode (e.g. by way of losing service etc).... but I still don't think its grabbing everything? Scenari...

• Regular
  • Okay so one thing I love about the new app is that it seems to be caching and posting more tracks to last.fm while having been forced into "offline" mode (e.g. by way of losing service etc).... but I...
  • jmbehrens
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

Streaming from Android tablet to Apple Airport Express

I'm trying out the Spotify Premium account becuase I'd read that the Connect feature allows you to stream music from an Android device (in my case a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro) to my Apple Airport Express (AE) that's plugged into my hi fi system. However...

• I'm trying out the Spotify Premium account becuase I'd read that the Connect feature allows you to stream music from an Android device (in my case a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro) to my Apple Airport Expres...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

remote control with Android wear

Hi,I would like to feedback a feature request, i would like to remote control spotify , skip, play/paus, maybe even playlists with my android wear.Scenario:My mobile phone is connected via cable to a friends stereo. I don't want to walk over from the...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I would like to feedback a feature request, i would like to remote control spotify , skip, play/paus, maybe even playlists with my android wear. Scenario: My mobile phone is connected via ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Kindle Fire HD track playing but no sound

Hi, I have a kindle fire HD but when I play tracks on spotify there is no sound. The volume on the device is fine as it plays sound using other apps. The sound has worked ok with spotify previously and so I don't know what has gone wrong here. I am o...

• Hi,   I have a kindle fire HD but when I play tracks on spotify there is no sound. The volume on the device is fine as it plays sound using other apps.   The sound has worked ok wit...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Edits to Play Queue are not Reflected on App

When I edit the play queue on the desktop app, if I am using Connect with my Android device, it shows the wrong information for the current song playing, as if the songs that I added to the play queue are not there. To clarify, if I start playing a p...

• Casual Listener
  • When I edit the play queue on the desktop app, if I am using Connect with my Android device, it shows the wrong information for the current song playing, as if the songs that I added to the play queu...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Connect
    Connect desktop
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

When will the queue make sense?

There are only two areas where Google Play Music is significantly better than spotify: 1) It has a 10,000 free song library for non-premium users. 2) It has a completely editable queue. In GPM/GPMAA, when I add a song or album to the Queue, it tacks ...

• Visitor
  • There are only two areas where Google Play Music is significantly better than spotify: 1) It has a 10,000 free song library for non-premium users. 2) It has a completely editable queue.   ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Blocked User's New Messages showing on Mobile App.

Hey Guys. I blocked someone due to not wanting to hear from them again, but, the other day I noticed that they had sent me two messages that are showing up on the Android Mobile App, but, not the Desktop or Web Player. Any thoughts? I really don't wa...

•  Hey Guys.  I blocked someone due to not wanting to hear from them again, but, the other day I noticed that they had sent me two messages that are showing up on the Android Mobile App, but,...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

track not available

Having an issue when trying to play my spotify tracks . It will play 3 seconds then stop and say "track not available" if I try other tracks they may not even play at all. I have listened for the previous 4 months without this problem. I have tried t...

• Having an issue when trying to play my spotify tracks . It will play 3 seconds then stop and say "track not available" if I try other tracks they may not even play at all. I have listened for the pre...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Preview button in discover no longer working

Hi, I'm using spotify premium on Android (N5 and N7). I use the discover section to check out spotify suggested music. I usually am listening to a playlist and 'long press' the track in discover. Doesn't seem to be able to preview, it just starts pla...

• Hi, I'm using spotify premium on Android (N5 and N7). I use the discover section to check out spotify suggested music.  I usually am listening to a playlist and 'long press' the track in dis...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't choose songs I want to play

Same thing is happening to me. Works fine on my computer but gives me the green shuffle play button and won't let me choose a song

• Casual Listener
  • Same thing is happening to me. Works fine on my computer but gives me the green shuffle play button and won't let me choose a song
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Un 'available offline'

When I click 'available offline' on an album, playlist or song nothing happens. I am a paying premium member. Going on holiday tomorrow, very annoying. How can you fix this? I've deleted the app, reinstalled, turned it off turned it on etc etc, doesn...

• When I click 'available offline' on an album, playlist or song nothing happens. I am a paying premium member. Going on holiday tomorrow, very annoying. How can you fix this? I've deleted the app, rei...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • available offline
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Track changes when app is not in use

I have recently switched from and iPhone to an android devide, and now whenever I pause a song and go back to the app an hour or so later, a different track is paused. This is the same whether the app is left active or not. Does this happen to anyone...

• I have recently switched from and iPhone to an android devide, and now whenever I pause a song and go back to the app an hour or so later, a different track is paused. This is the same whether the ap...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify for Android is a pile of junk

I have a new motorola smartphone. i have had Spotify premium now for about 5 years. I have blocked all updates on my laptop since version 8.5 as i consider Spotify has been rubbish since that version which i would guess is a couple of years now. Howe...

• Roadie
  • I have a new motorola smartphone. i have had Spotify premium now for about 5 years. I have blocked all updates on my laptop since version 8.5 as i consider Spotify has been rubbish since that version...
  • BigKev57
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes