Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

activity feed only shows MY activity in Android

I have spotify free on my Samsung Galaxy but the activity tab only shows my own activity?? Should it show my friends activity ?

• Visitor
  • I have spotify free on my Samsung Galaxy but the activity tab only shows my own activity??   Should it show my friends activity ?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sound level inconsistent. (Galaxy S4)

Whenever I play a song on spotify the sound starts very low. This means that I have to up the level considerably to even hear the sound. Then, after about 30-90 seconds the sound jumps to normal levels again. This is very annoying plus it hurts me ea...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I play a song on spotify the sound starts very low. This means that I have to up the level considerably to even hear the sound.      Then, after about 30-90 seconds the ...
  • AlibabaUK
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Audio Effects>Bass Boost greyed out on Google Nexus 7, 2nd generation, running Android 4.3.1

Am a new user, just running the 30 day free trial of Premium. Have read the troubleshooting posts, tried uninstall (but could not find the referenced folder anywhere on device following uninstall), reinstalled, but still the Bass Boost slider on the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Am a new user, just running the 30 day free trial of Premium.   Have read the troubleshooting posts, tried uninstall (but could not find the referenced folder anywhere on device following un...
  • bobgure
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can't Sync Local Files

Hey Spotify-Community, I know I'm not the first with this problem but every solution that helped the other people didn't worked for me. My Device: Moto G 2nd Generation, Spotify Version 1.7.0.830 I tried to sync some local files but it didn't work. N...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey Spotify-Community,   I know I'm not the first with this problem but every solution that helped the other people didn't worked for me.   My Device: Moto G 2nd Generation, Spotify...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle all music on android?

I have hundreds of saved songs under "Your Music". When I go into the SONGS category and click SHUFFLE PLAY, it only picks about 30-35 songs to play. I just want to shuffle the entire saved music libarary.

• Casual Listener
  • I have hundreds of saved songs under "Your Music".  When I go into the SONGS category and click SHUFFLE PLAY, it only picks about 30-35 songs to play.  I just want to shuffle the entire sav...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Galaxy G3: Offline music - stop auto download, how to organize, delete

Hi, I just got one month free Premium. I incorrectly thought I was "saving" albums for the last month but realized last night that I had to download them to my phone. I started the process (...not sure how), very slow - it took overnight to down load...

• Hi, I just got one month free Premium. I incorrectly thought I was "saving" albums for the last month but realized last night that I had to download them to my phone. I started the process (...not su...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Tablet Mode on Nexus 7 - 2013 model

I'm looking to buy the 2013 model of the Nexus 7. Can someone confirm if Spotify tablet mode works on it (not rooted)? Thanks. --Greg

• Regular
  • I'm looking to buy the 2013 model of the Nexus 7.  Can someone confirm if Spotify tablet mode works on it (not rooted)?  Thanks.   --Greg
  • gkurr
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

own mp3 songs - no transitions?

hi there I have an issue with own mp3 files offline synchronized in the playlist on spotify premium: the tansitions doesnt work. while they work with songs from the spotify database they don't work with my own synchronized mp3 songs. please help! tha...

• hi there I have an issue with own mp3 files offline synchronized in the playlist on spotify premium: the tansitions doesnt work. while they work with songs from the spotify database they don't work w...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Connection issues on my Samsung Galaxy S4

Hardware/Software info: -Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 - Android 4.4.2 - Latest Spotify app - Mobile operator: Simyo / E-Plus (Germany) Hello, I am using Spotify mainly outside. On my way to work etc.. I have observed that Spotify has huge problems with...

• Casual Listener
  • Hardware/Software info: -Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 - Android 4.4.2 - Latest Spotify app - Mobile operator: Simyo / E-Plus (Germany)   Hello,   I am using Spotify mainly out...
  • Ferhat
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New Android app very sluggish streaming and unresponsive

I've had a lot of trouble with the new (not so new anymore) Spotify app that was released on Android. For the most part, this app seems highly incompatible with being on an intermittent network. If there is any network issue, the app becomes unrespon...

• Regular
  • I've had a lot of trouble with the new (not so new anymore) Spotify app that was released on Android. For the most part, this app seems highly incompatible with being on an intermittent network. If t...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Testing required (volume bug?) Android

Hello Spotify community, He reason I'm making this post is because I've had this concern for a while and yesterday I confirmed it. There is a noticeable colume difference between Spotify and Google Play Music in Android on my Nexus 5. For months I've...

• Regular
  • Hello Spotify community,   He reason I'm making this post is because I've had this concern for a while and yesterday I confirmed it. There is a noticeable colume difference between Spotify a...
  • rjhsteel2001
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android App won't play - pauses all tracks

A few days ago my android app ran into this issue when using headphones. Immediately after playing a track it will pause on its own. Restarting the track and it will pauses again. This goes for streaming and offline tracks. Here's what I've done so f...

• Regular
  • A few days ago my android app ran into this issue when using headphones. Immediately after playing a track it will pause on its own. Restarting the track and it will pauses again. This goes for strea...
  • heybatter
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

WARNING! Spotify connect is not free!

Most of you probably know about when you listen to spotify on your computer it will also start playing on your mobile device and drain your battery and mess up your playlist. But that's not all. Did you know it uses a lot of data on your mobile as we...

• Gig Goer
  • Most of you probably know about when you listen to spotify on your computer it will also start playing on your mobile device and drain your battery and mess up your playlist. But that's not all....
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is Top 5 Performance-Draining App, Top 3 Storage eater on Android

Did you guys notice this? http://www.cnet.com/news/whats-killing-your-battery-androids-top-10-performance-sapping-apps/ Spotify is Top 5 Performance-Draining App, Top 3 Storage eater on Android Is this something that will be dealt with or can be deal...

• Music Fan
  • Did you guys notice this? http://www.cnet.com/news/whats-killing-your-battery-androids-top-10-performance-sapping-apps/   Spotify is Top 5 Performance-Draining App, Top 3 Storage eater ...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    battery drain
    storage
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Android app: Shuffle for Playlists?

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S3, and see no way to set shuffle for my playlists. I checked the bottom left menu button while in a playlist and only see 4 options, none having to do with setting shuffle. Is this feature not there? If so, that's severely...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S3, and see no way to set shuffle for my playlists.  I checked the bottom left menu button while in a playlist and only see 4 options, none having to do with setting s...
  • tomk7897
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! [Xperia Z1 Compact] Equalizer problem

Hey Spotify. There seems to be a problem with the equalizer and the Z1 Compact.

Nothing happens when i change the eq settings in spotify but it works just fine in the integrated music player.

Could you take a look at this bug?

Yours sincerely Tovi.

• Casual Listener
  • Hey Spotify. There seems to be a problem with the equalizer and the Z1 Compact. <br><br>Nothing happens when i change the eq settings in spotify but it works just fine in the integrated m...
  • AntePante
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Can i use OTG to download my playlists and listen them offline? - OG Moto G 8GB - (KitKat 4.4.4)

Something like this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kingston-OTG-USB-2-0-Micro-USB-32GB-Android-Cell-Phone-Tablets-DT-MicroDuo-/261658598533?pt=US_USB_Flash_Drives&hash=item3cec115c85

• Casual Listener
  • Something like this.   http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kingston-OTG-USB-2-0-Micro-USB-32GB-Android-Cell-Phone-Tablets-DT-MicroDuo-/261658598533?pt=US_USB_Flash_Drives&hash=item3cec115c85
  • Tetsuo6995
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android + Smartphone App

hi there, the app is installed on my android device (samsung galaxy s4) and on the tv. My tv Samsung UE40F6470 is connected to my hifi-system. As I can do with my pc and my tablet I'd like to remote controll the Smart-TV-App with my moble. But it doe...

• Casual Listener
  • hi there, the app is installed on my android device (samsung galaxy s4) and on the tv. My tv Samsung UE40F6470 is connected to my hifi-system. As I can do with my pc and my tablet I'd like to rem...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "My Music" doesn't sync with mobile

I added all my stared songs to "Songs" and they show up in the songs folder on my desktop but on the app the folder is empty and will not sync with my computer. How do I get all of my music to show up in the songs folder on my phone?

• Casual Listener
  • I added all my stared songs to "Songs" and they show up in the songs folder on my desktop but on the app the folder is empty and will not sync with my computer. How do I get all of my music to show u...
  • badger1492
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot download songs.

Spotify was working fine until a couple of days ago when it stopped downloading songs. My internet connection is fine because I can play songs but when I hit the button to keep for off line use... It just sits there with a circle revolving but no pro...

• Regular
  • Spotify was working fine until a couple of days ago when it stopped downloading songs. My internet connection is fine because I can play songs but when I hit the button to keep for off line use... I...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • internet connection
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes