Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify buffering at end of every song

Solved!

Spotify buffering at end of every song

Hey there.

I have problem with Spotify in Android after update. I updated Spotify and now it keeps buffering at end of song, at every song. Playback stops at end of song befere crossfade and then continue. I have no problems with Internet, as my mobile dataplan is Unlimited and 2M/0.5M, even on Wifi it keeps stopping playback at end for while.

It sounds like song is playing, but before outro it stops and continue to play after some seconds and then next song will play near end, then stops, continue to play and then change to next.

What is this and How to fix?

33 Replies

Mechanimal82, I created playlists which I fully intend to listen to many times. Is that wrong? Do they even look here to see what's not working correctly?

Pahness, mine not only pauses, it requires my attention to pick it up and start it again. Very tired of babysitting an app. Glad I'm not paying for that "honor".

Ah well, when all is said and done I guess I will just remain a non paying user.

Hi @yahoooza and @tealgt thanks for your posts. I can assure you guys we're looking into this at the moment. 

If you could both post the following details in this thread it would be a big help:

1. Your device

2. Operating system

3. Spotify app version installed

Thanks!

My new phoneI changed my phone from Samsung Galaxy S 2 Plus to Samsung Galaxy S 4 Mini. Because of 4G internet (DC/LTE). When my plan changes to 21 Mbps, I can enjoy Dual Carrier speeds. And still this crossfade problem on mobile / wifi.

Samsung Galaxy S 4 Mini I9195

Android 4.2.2

Spotify 0.7.6.344

Home internet is cable modem 100M/5M, mobile internet is 21M/5M.

Crossfade bug is gone when you disable option to crossfade. Please fix.

Hope this helps!

I have the exact same issue.

Right before 2 songs start to crossfade (even in offline mode) there is a 0,5 sec gap to load the next song it seems.

1. Alcatel one touch idol 

2. Android 4.1.1

3. spotify version 0.7.6.344

Two updates later (just updated the Spotify app on my Android this morning), and it's STILL doing the same thing.  Crossfade is messed up -- there's a giant audible gap between the songs, right when the second one begins buffering.  Gapless playback setting makes no difference.  I pay for three subscriptions to Spotify for our family's use, and this is becoming unacceptable.

Update for Spotify, this is unresolved. I'm mad!

I also have the same problem. AND I also pay for 3 accounts for family. This is a huge issue.

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545)

Android v 4.3

Spotify v. 0.7.6.357

Hey guys! Just want to assure you all we're on the case. Hopefully we'll have an update for you soon. 

Marked as solution

Hey there Meredith.

I got some update or don't know what, but this works now on my mobile. Big smile

Thanks!

same here.

works fine now.

you rock, spotify !

I have been having issues with gapless playback forever now... Same symptoms, instead of smooth gapless playback, I more often than not get about a half-second gap in between tracks. Very frustrating.

1. Note 4

2. Android 4.4.4

3. 1.9.0.1273

4. I've tried multiple clean installs, on multiple phones.

Suggested posts