Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify buttons dosent appear on samsung s5's s-view screen

Solved!

Spotify buttons dosent appear on samsung s5's s-view screen

Hello!

Just bought a new s-view case for my phone, and notived thar the spotify buttons dosent always show up.

Have tried to uninstall spotify and reset phone, pluss SD card, sometimes it works but the buttons dissapear after a while.

Anyone got any tips or sulutions?? 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

May or may not help, but can you try the steps here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/PLEASE-READ-Android-5-x-Lollipop-Distorted-playback-so...

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I found the solution. You just have to reboot your phone and then it should work. It worked for me but i have an Samsung Galaxy Alpha

View solution in original post

12 Replies

The same problem here. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Samsung Galaxy S5 with Lollipop and S-View case.
Marked as solution

May or may not help, but can you try the steps here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/PLEASE-READ-Android-5-x-Lollipop-Distorted-playback-so...

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Tried the steps in the link and still no different

Did you ever find a solution to this?  I have spent some time in the settings and am disappointed.  It was one of my favorite features with this phone/spotify.  I am considering changing to a different cover because I use it all the time.

I recently updated to lollipoo on my s5 and I have the same problem as you guys. The buttons don't appear in my s-view window or in the regular locked screen.

This was one my favorite features. Anyone got a fix for this?

I have the same problem... yesterday the s cover worked great, but when I started spotify today on my phone the buttons are gone again.

When it works it's the best function in spotify! I have disable the nullplayer without success.

Marked as solution

I found the solution. You just have to reboot your phone and then it should work. It worked for me but i have an Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Tried that out a couple of times. It's not fixing itself on my Samsung s5. Does spotify devs have anything to say regarding this? Or is it time to try a new music streamer out?

Apparently you just need to open another sound player and play anything. Pause. Play on Spotify. Controls will be there.

Gerard got it!!

Finally always works now. Must've been in the Kermit the frogs puke update...

Not sure if its related to this issue or not, but I have found that the Spotify controls will only show up properly on the S-View screen when Spotify does not have focus (i.e. when you unlock/open the cover, Spotify isn't open). If Spotify is open and you close the screen, the controls appear for a second or so and then it disappears again.

Suggested posts