Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify codes for specific song open the album but play a random song.

Spotify codes for specific song open the album but play a random song.

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Redmi Note /

Operating System

Android 9, with MIUI Global 10.3.12

My Question or Issue

I have crated and experimented with several of the spotify codes for specific song and none of them seem to work properly. They play a random song from the same album as the song in the code. I don't know if this is device specific or if it is in android because I tried the code in an iPad (with the same account) and it worked fine, it opened the correct song, I also tried it on a iPhone 6 and it also work perfecly, I don't own another android device so I can't test it there.This is one of my code for testingThis is one of my code for testing

It opened another song but from the same albumIt opened another song but from the same album

And it activated the shuffle button, I made sure it was deactivated before.And it activated the shuffle button, I made sure it was deactivated before.

EDIT: I checked on another android device and in a newer iPhone and as expected in the android didn't work but in iOS did. Maybe is a android bug or somenthing.

11 Replies

Same problem here with RN7, MIUI11 Android 10.

It's pretty frustrating because I'm not sure if it will work properly when I send someone a code

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. This sounds odd and we'll do our best to help you out.

We'd suggest you start off by restarting the device. Then you can log out and log back in to the account.

If that doesn't do the trick, it's a good idea to check these steps and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing this issue.

@aetreia You can also try with another device. By doing that we can see if it's a device-related issue.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm having the same issue. Works fine on iPhone or computer (code automatically plays single song) but when I scan with my Galaxy (Android) it pulls up the WHOLE album instead of the one song the code is for. 

I have done a clean install as well. 

Hi @RazorbackGirl83

Thanks for posting on the Community and welcome.

Just to confirm, does the expected song play when Spotify opens the code (despite you can see the album), or the first song of the album? Moreover, let us know if this happens when scanning other codes (songs).

We'll be waiting for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

November 2022, same problem here on two different Android phones... Is there a FIX to this problem yet?

Hey @GuyZax-1976,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

This issue was indeed fixed some time ago.

In order for us to reopen the investigation, could you share the brand/model of the phones together with the Spotify app version and Android version installed on the devices? Which code doesn't work on your end? You can post it here so we can have a look at it as well.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I am also having the same issue.  I have tried it with my Samsung s21 and my samsung s9. The song and album will show up and it will play a different song. This happens with every song I try.  

Hey @Kathleenee,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Would you mind letting us know what troubleshooting you've tried so far? This'll help us avoid repeating steps. In addition, as mentioned before, we'd need a bit more details in order to investigate this further. Could you please check @Dian's reply and provide the info that he requested? 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

LyubkaModerator

I have a same problem, device iphone 11. Barcode finds the song, but plays a different song from the album. 

iPhone 11 iOS 16.6.1

Spotify 8.8.96.395

IMG_0004.png

Hi @Jitsa!

Could you let us know which song starts playing when you scan this code, and which one is supposed to play instead? If possible, check if generating the code from another device or browser would play the correct song.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts