Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect not finding that one speaker.

Spotify connect not finding that one speaker.

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherland

Device

Redmi note 8t

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Hello, my Spotify doesn't want to find a specific device in Spotify connect. I just checked and my colleague can find the speaker without any issue.

Connect finds so, so many devices on the network but the speaker is never in the list and I'm not sure how to force refresh the list to make my phone keep searching.

I've already cleared data, rebooted, reinstalled etc. I'm on the correct network. Everything should check out.

How can I make Spotify find the speaker? Does Spotify connect only show 'so many' devices at one given time?

I'd love to know, thanks!

3 Replies

Hey hey @user-removed!

Thanks for reaching out. This sounds a bit odd and we'll do our best to help you out here.

Can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in time in a row, it's a bit of an odd step, but helps with the sync between accounts and the network? It's also a good idea to restart your router and the device you're trying to connect.

There shouldn't be a limit on how many devices you see in connect, but to be sure you're seeing only devices that are on the same network as your phone you can go to Settings > Devices > Show local devices only.

If you're still not able to see the devices in the Connect picker, we'd need to know what device you're trying to connect and your Spotify version.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the reply!

I have logged out and rebooted again but it still can't find that speaker. I cannot reset the speaker.

I cannot reset the router because that would kill a network of hundreds of devices for a while. I can't check what make of speaker it is because I cannot find it in the network. All I know is its name within the network and that everyone but me can connect to it through spotify, so I know it's fully compatible.

Im using spotify 8.6.80.1014.

Edit: pulled the speaker from the ceiling to turn off the radio, and found that it is a Sonos play 3. Hope that helps!

Hi there @user-removed,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you log in with a different account - such as a friend's or a family member to see if the issue persists? This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts