Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect on speaker wifi skips firsts seconds of songs

Spotify connect on speaker wifi skips firsts seconds of songs

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy Tab A on Marshall Acton II)

Operating System

(Android Oreo)

My Question or Issue

Hello,

When I connect my device (galaxy S7 or galaxy tab A, same problem) on my speaker Marshall Acton II with spotify connect on wifi, it skips the firsts seconds of the songs , maybe 3 to 5s. There's no latency between the songs, it just begins late and no problem when I skip songs manually.

There's no problem when I do that on bluetooth however.

I've cleared the cache, uninstalled the app , checked my wifi (I don't think I have interference). So I don't know what the problem could be.

Thanks in advance.

12 Replies

We are experiencing exactly the same issue with an iPhone 7 controlling Spotify Connect on a Marshall Acton II voice (Alexa) wi-fi speaker.  The first 4 or 5 seconds are not played when it transitions from one song to the next, however, if the track is directly skipped to, then it plays correctly from the beginning.

With the exact same iPhone, it works fine on a Sonos One and a Denon PMA 150-H, which both support Spotify Connect.

I did not specify, it's with acton voice alexa too, I don't know if there is the same problem with the google voice.

Ok, I'm glad this isn't just me - exact same issue, Marshall Acton II Voice with Alexa - skipping's fine, but letting songs run on from one to the next on either playlists or albums, it just loses the first 3 or 4 seconds, every time.

I've seen older posts about this (around 2016), turning off gapless playback was a suggestion - I've done that and it doesn't work.

This has happened to me too. the first day I  had the speaker it worked perfectly but now on day 3 it is skipping the first 2-3 seconds of every song. I'm using the Acton II Voice and a Samsung Galaxy s10. Have any solutions been found? 

I'm also having this issue. Stanmore II is brand new and skips the first three seconds of every song played via Spotify/Alexa

Did you find a solution to this?

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

You can check with these steps if the crossfade option is activated. If it is, we'd suggest you turn it off.

If that doesn't help, you can give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing this issue.

If that doesn't do the trick, you can restart the router.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I found that the issue was occurring when I was connected via WiFi. It
works fine when I'm connected through Bluetooth. Hope this helps!

Thanks, I've tried all three of these (checked crossfade switched off, uninstalled and reinstalled the spotify app, restarted the router) and am still experiencing the same issue.

Any other ideas?

Thank you!

I've tried all of these and so far no fix. Is there anything else that can be done?

I have the same problem with Marshall Stanmore II voice. If you have an echo dot and play music from all the speakers ( stanmore and echo dot) the problem seems to disappear. That is the only solution I have found.

Hey folks,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

If the steps that @Ver proposed in her post didn't work, could you let us know if the problem persists when you connect using another wi-fi network?

We would also really appreciate a recording of the issue. You can use the Insert Video option in the post editor. Just make sure to hide any private/ sensitive info.

Keep us posted how this develops.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mihail.
I have tried everything ,nothing works.
Is it a spotify issue or an Alexa issue?

Suggested posts