Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify constantly crashes with mobile game apps

Spotify constantly crashes with mobile game apps

I recently updated my plan to Premium Duo and have been having issues using Spotify on my phone lately. I usually listen to my playlists when playing mobile games like Pokemon GO, so I turn off the in game music and sounds effects, but lately I have been unable to. Before I could just start my playlists and then the game, and if it ever crashed then I could switch to the Spotify app, start my playlist again and then switch back and play. But now the Spotify app crashes usually seconds before or after the game loads. Whenever I switch apps to start my playlists again the other apps restart as well, resulting in an endless loop where Spotify crashes before or after the game loads and I have to start again. Is there any way to fix this, or am I unable to do both at the same time?

Device : LG Stylo 6 

Operating System: Android version 10

4 Replies

Hey there @Willmi011,

Thanks posting here and welcome to the Community! We'll gladly shed some light on the situation.

As a first step, could you make sure Spotify is added as an exception to any battery optimization and cache clearing apps that might be installed?

If that doesn't fix thing, we recommend that you perform a clean reinstall using the steps in this Spotify answer. Make sure to also restart the device on which you experience this issue before downloading the app from the Play Store anew. 

Keep us posted on how it goes! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Have an awesome day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the help! 

I double checked to make sure Spotify was excluded from both battery optimization and cache clearing, and it was, so I tried to do a clean reinstall as suggested. It did help, but not by much. The app stays open a bit longer now instead of crashing immediately. It now stays open for about 10 minutes before crashing, maybe 20 if I'm lucky. Though it still sometimes crashes after startup or if I switch to another app. Sometimes it crashes when I use the app exclusively and nothing else. 

This is probably 1.5 years too late, but pausing my music and then playing it again after the game loads works sometimes with me.

I recently upgraded to Premium Duo and encountered a persistent issue with Spotify crashing when I try to use it alongside mobile games like Pokemon GO, where I usually turn off in-game music to listen to my playlists. Previously, I could restart Spotify if it crashed during the game, but now it crashes right before or after the game loads, creating a frustrating loop. This problem is particularly noticeable when playing the Game of Sultans apk. Any suggestions on how to resolve this and enjoy both Spotify and the game seamlessly.

Suggested posts