Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes immediately on S9 Android 10

Spotify crashes immediately on S9 Android 10

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

(Samsung S9)

Operating System

(Android 10)

My Question or Issue

I just changed phone from S8/Android 9 to an S9/Android 10 and haven't managed to open and use Spotify since! I install the app then clicl on it the Spotify app appears to open with the logo becoming large and then crashes immediately so that I don't even see the login page. I have tried all types of fixes like deleting cache/data, reinstalling, factory re-setting, changed SD card, signed out of everywhere...and still nothing. This is very frustrating - is this a bug with Android 10 perhaps? Any help much appreciated as I am paying for a service I can't use (and without my music!).

Many thanks

Andy110

65 Replies

Hey there @Andy110

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We're currently aware of an issue causing the behavior you describe. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Thanks Ivan, very helpful suggestion. Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon as I can't use Spotify anymore!!

Cheers

Exactly same problem here. S9, Android 10. After the update no recent Spotify version works. Tried everything, including factory reset of the device, and downgrading Spotify to older versions. 

I am premium user, and I feel extremely disappointed with that. Please, fix ASAP. 

I have the exact same problem for 2 weeks now... Spotify please fix this problem.. fast!

1. Hi Ivan, can you confirm there is a Spotify team working on this problem?

Same here,

Spotify is not working.

I am in touch with the Spotify Support since February 28. I am now with 17 Emails and gave all information incl. testing theis suggestions, a second phone same model etc.

I really hope that Spotify finds a solution ASAP!

Cheers Heiko

Hallo,

Today i have my Samsung galaxy S9+ Updates to Android 10. Now the same Problem. Spotify dosn't start.

Greetz

Same issue here. Samsung S9+. Spotify Crashes direct after start

Yesterday (July 9) Android pushed an software update.

Due to this, Spotify STOPPED WORKING again!

It seems to be a similar problem like in spring 2020. I really hope you can solve the problem faster than the last time (it took almost 3 month).

Looking forward to a feedback.

Cheers Heiko

Recently got a refurb Samsung S9 with Android 10 on it and have the exact same issue

S9 and same problem for over a month now! I would have ended my premium account if it were not for the family account (other family phones of Motorola and Xiaomi brand have no issues). Have received 2 updates to spotify during this month but no help. Have tried the common fixes (cache wipe, reinstall etc) but no help.

Agree. Exactly the same here.....

Same. Wanted to move to Spotify. S9, Android 10. Tried everything, wifi, 4g, sd on, off, reboots, bluetooth off, reset settings, reinstall. Support email are responsive, but not helpful. Told me to contact the Samsung support.

Is everyone affected using devices with the Exynos 9810 chipset? 

How do I know what I have?

If your phone model is SM-G960F, it's Exynos. Snapdragon is for United States, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Japan, and Latin America markets.

Hi. It is a 965F for Nordic markets

Spotify updated today but still won't start (S9 (dual sim, Nordic), Android 10.

Same here...๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ

Suggested posts