Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes instantly after login.

Solved!

Spotify crashes instantly after login.

Description

every time i try to start the app it closes and my phone freezes for a minute or so

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. i downloaded spotify

2. then i installed spotify

3. after that i logged in

4. i was able to use the app for 2 minutes, and then it crashed, and now it crashes every time. i dont even get to se the app, the phone just freezes.

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

several times.

What I expected to happen

the **uh-oh**ing app would actually work

What actually happened

no difference.

Device model

Samsung galaxy note 

Device’s Operating System

Is your device rooted?

nope, brand new

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

nope

My mobile Spotify version

playstore 2012-08-04

My mobile provider and country

tele2 sweden

My username

kenneth93

------------------------------------

Mail:

Hello,

Thanks for your replies. I'm sorry to hear that you are stil experiencing problems using Spotify on your Android devices.

So that we can start to rule things out, I would like to go back to basics. Could you first complete a clean reinstall on all three devices. Instructions for completing this can be found below - 

1. In your phone, go to "Settings" » "Applications"» "Manage applications"
2. Choose Spotify
3. Press 'Clear Data' to erase the cache
4. Press Uninstall to remove the app
5. Restart your phone
6. Install Spotify once again through Google Play, or by visiting m.spotify.com in your device's web browser

After completing this, please restart your phone and then attempt to log in.

If the above is not working, please check any SD cards you have installed in your devices for errors. Instructions for completing this can be found here - http://www.ehow.com/how_6857598_check-sd-card-errors.html

Please let me know how you get on.
Best Wishes, 

Spotify Customer Service 

Please follow @SpotifyStatus for service status updates and @Spotify for company updates.
------------------------------------------------------
How good was my reply?

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged. It is intended only for the recipient(s). If you have reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail from your computer.

There  is no feedback report...

/ Kenneth HelgessonSpotify Support <support@spotify.com> skrev:

Hey Kenneth, 

Please could you send us the feedback report if possible.

We can then look further it this for you.

Thanks
All the best 

Duncan 

Spotify Customer Service - Cambridge 

If I'm not in, anyone else on our dedicated Spotify team can read my notes and help you.

Hey! Tried it and still nothing 

The SD cards aren't an issue here as the app doesn't support the use of SD cards so there will be no Spotify data saved on them.

I have done some maintenance on your account and hate to ask this of you but can you reinstall the app one more time just to finalise the work I've done?

Kind regards 

Oliver 

Please, rate my reply here: http://www.nicereply.com/spotify/13337243 

Follow our customer service team @spotifycares for all things Spotify 

Spotify Customer Service. 

Hey!  after I installed it I could log on, and I was able to use it for a couple of minutes. After the first crash I can't even start the app. If I reinstall it its the same outcome. Ive had 3 different sd cards 🙂

Hey there,

Thank you for you message.

We're sorry to see you are having a few problems with your Android application.

Does it let you go as far as logging in at all?

Do you have SD cards installed on al 3 of your devices at all?

We're looking forward to your response!

Thanks, 

Dan 

Spotify Customer Service 

Follow our customer service team @spotifycares for all things Spotify 

Did you know? When Billy Crystal was a child, his babysitter was the legendary Billie Holiday. 

Please, rate this reply here: 

And as I said I only have spotify installed.

Android version 4.03 and the only message is the one in the picture. On my other devices the message was : the process android.phone has stopped working. And my options were to force a stop or send a feedback report.

Hey Kenneth. 

Lets try and get this fixed for you.

Please could you let us know what version of Android you have running on your devices?

Are you running app's in the background?

Do you have any custom keyboards installed? 

Do you receive any error codes?

Thanks
All the best 

Duncan 

Spotify Customer Service - Cambridge 

If I'm not in, anyone else on our dedicated Spotify team can read my notes and help you.

Original message
Options: 
Topic: [Tech]
SubTopic: [TECH_Blockage_BUG]
[] [android] [Premium] 
Payment Method: [netgiro]
Card type: [visa]
Partner: []
Market:[us]
DOB: [1993/1/8] 
ive been a premium user for two years now, and the only reason ive had premium is your android app. about 3 months ago it stopped working, it was around the same time that i uppgraded to the new version. after the uppgrade, i cant even start the program, it just get forced to shut down all the time. ive had the same problem on three different models so far, HTC desire HD, Sensation and a samsung galaxy note. ive tried a factory reset on all those phones and only installed spotify. still nothing. ive tried downgrading your app, still nothing, and whatever i do nothing seems to work. 

the worst part is your customer service, this is a app that the customers pay $ 10 a month for, and so far you guys have come up with 3 updates... 

if i cant get the android app to work there is no point for me to keep the premium subscription. and i am not alone with this problem neither, a couple of friends has the same problem and feel the exact same way. 

and dont get back with some bull**uh-oh** like " try to reset your password " ive tried litterely everything in the help section of the community. 

/ Kenneth.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

okey, so the problems started for me when spotify updated there android app.

today i tried to use my moms accout, she has never connected that account to facebook, and there was no problems with the app, so i tried disconnecting facebook from my old account. but the problems where still there. but i started a new user with my facebook account and transfered all my playlists, and now it works just fine! so to anyone with this problem: it is probably caused by your old username/password, make a new account and it will work perfectly!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Very odd that you get the same on all three phones. I would say it has to be something with your account because otherwise it would probably only be one of those phones with issues given you say you have tried all the troubleshooting tips.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

that thought crossed my mind to, so i went on spotify.com to make another account just to try, but the only registration option now is facebook, and my facebook is connectet to my current account...

Marked as solution

okey, so the problems started for me when spotify updated there android app.

today i tried to use my moms accout, she has never connected that account to facebook, and there was no problems with the app, so i tried disconnecting facebook from my old account. but the problems where still there. but i started a new user with my facebook account and transfered all my playlists, and now it works just fine! so to anyone with this problem: it is probably caused by your old username/password, make a new account and it will work perfectly!

Suggested posts