Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashing after being closed and then re-opened

Solved!

Spotify crashing after being closed and then re-opened

Hi! 

Recently I have had some issues with Spotify on my Android. After I exit the app and/or swipe it "away" from my recently used apps and later try to open it again it keeps crashing! Several messages appear with a text saying something like "Spotify has stopped" and I am given the options to either reporting it or press "ok". After I press "ok" I am left with a blank screen only showing the gray color of Spotify and the brighter gray area with the 3 white bars on the left. I can only get Spotify to work again after restarting my phone. I have also had problems with playlists not staying downloaded. 

I have already tried all the "hotfixes" like re-installing the app, clearing the cache and deleting some folders, nothing works. Is this something that is known and being worked on by the devs or is there some kind of solution out there that I have missed? I would be grateful for any answers.

My device is a Sony Xperia Z1 running the stock rom, android 4.4.4 (rooted).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Guys, if you have spotify via fb, I think you have to update the facebook android app. Two days ago it had an update which basically force closed all the time and it caused spotify to do the same with fb-linked accounts. They released another update yesterday.

copied my comment from the other topic:

Ok, my problem was solved. It was a fb-login related issue. Facebook android app had an update that had fb crash all the time I think it caused the spotify the blank screen as well. Later fb had an update and it works flawlessly again. I think if you have the same problem and have your spotify account linked to fb, go to playstore and update the facebook-app.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I also have this problem please will someone find and post resolution for this. I restart my phone and it still won't work I have to reinstall the app every time I want to listen to music 😞
Marked as solution

Guys, if you have spotify via fb, I think you have to update the facebook android app. Two days ago it had an update which basically force closed all the time and it caused spotify to do the same with fb-linked accounts. They released another update yesterday.

copied my comment from the other topic:

Ok, my problem was solved. It was a fb-login related issue. Facebook android app had an update that had fb crash all the time I think it caused the spotify the blank screen as well. Later fb had an update and it works flawlessly again. I think if you have the same problem and have your spotify account linked to fb, go to playstore and update the facebook-app.

Suggested posts