Type in your question below and we'll check to see what answers we can find...
If you couldn't find any answers in the previous step then we need to post your question in the community and wait for someone to respond. You'll be notified when that happens.
Simply add some detail to your question and refine the title if needed, choose the relevant category, then post.
Before we can post your question we need you to quickly make an account (or sign in if you already have one).
Don't worry - it's quick and painless! Just click below, and once you're logged in we'll bring you right back here and post your question. We'll remember what you've already typed in so you won't have to do it again.
Solved! Go to Solution.
This issue has just started for me on LG G5. have reinstalled spotify several times and now done a factory reset on the phone but has made no difference. Have contacted spotify directly but they haren't being very helpful yet, just saying that Spotify isn't compatible with some bluetooth headphones, but I've been using the same headphones for ages!
Will post here if I get a solution, but its clearly seems to be a bug in the latest release
Nexus 6 - Android 7
- no lockscreen controls
- no notification controls
- doesnt respect headphone presence, still plays music when headphones are removed
- music will start randomly
Been like this for a couple of weeks now. Feels like an iPhone as I have to multitask to switch songs. Will bail on this service if not fixed in next upate. Last update caused this, not my OS, not my phone.
I tried the beta from apkmirror and the problem still exist. Anyone know if Spotify has said anything regaurding the issue?
Similar litany of problems on my Nexus 6. Everything was working great up until mid-last week. Then,
- All downloaded songs disappeared
- Spotify gone from lock screen, notification area
- Still plays on phone once disconnected from headphones or bluetooth
- Now plays over podcast (worth noting that podcast app, Pocket Cast, has worked great through all of this and has none of the same problems)
- Bluetooth speaker goes to auto standby every 10 minutes when playing Spotify.
Impressive change from great to horrible in a single update.
(Copying over my post from another thread since this issue seems related):
I have noticed this behavior as well with my HTC 10 using the latest version of Spotify available on the Play Store.
A few other notes:
- If I pause a song in Spotify and then leave the app, the Spotify notification shows up until I tap the 'X' to dismiss it (shouldn't the notification dismiss itself when no music is playing?)
- After dismissing the Spotify notification, if I go back into the app to play music and then again leave the app, the Spotify notification doesn't show back up like it should
- I have to close Spotify in the multi-tasking pane and then re-open Spotify for notifications to work again. 50% of the time when I first try to re-open it crashes and I get a 'Unfortunately Spotify ... closed' message. Opening it again works.
@doverclock, since when have these issues started? They seem to be vaguely related, but I don't think it's the exact same problem.
Ah, apologies if it isn't the same issue 🙂
I actually just got this HTC 10 last week, and I've noticed it since using this phone. I was using Spotify on my Note7 previously and didn't have this issue... but I don't want to rule out a recent update to the app as the cause.
It looks like Spotify is looking into this. So, I would highly suggest that you contact them here to tell that you're having this issue. It would be the best solution if you have tried almost every troubleshooting steps available here in the Community. It will not harm you to contact though. Just my two cents.
The suggested solution to uninstall, delete folders and re-install is nonsense.
The amount of times I've done that, reinstalled tens of Gigs of music only to find the problem still exists.
It's little more than a stalling technique until the next version of spotify rolls out.
Overall the stability is better than it used to be but every now and then spotify release a complete dog. The latest relese (188.8.131.522) is a dog.
I dont even use location services at all. Issue still happens.
So I've been having this same notification issue for the past week, my Sony Bluetooth headphones also keep losing control of the music.
A new beta (v184.108.40.2065) came out yesterday and I've been using it for the past 24 hours. It seems to have fixed it! Link below, try it and test. It may be just a fluke but the notification on my Nexus 6P (6.0.1) hasn't disappeared at all yet. I haven't cleaned data, reinstalled or anything. My Bluetooth headphones have also been able to control the music all day. Looking good!
Yeah I presume they'll release it on the Play Store soon. No idea when but the beta seems pretty stable to me.
Hey there you, Yeah, you! 😁 Welcome - we're glad you joined the Spotify Community! While you here, let's have a fun game…