Announcements

Spotify disappeared from tray, lock screen.

Solved!

Spotify disappeared from tray, lock screen.

Regular
I've tried messing with notifications, resetting app preferences etc. In Marshmallow but nothing seems to bring Spotify back.

If I thumb the circle and go to my main screen Spotify is no longer in my tray or seen in my lockscreen. I then have to manually open my phone and go back into Spotify to change songs, etc.

attached pic shows my phone info.

I'm on a Motorola Nexus 6 w/ Marshmallow. No root.

Anyone have any ideas?
Screenshot_20161011-123641.png
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Spotify disappeared from tray, lock screen.

Casual Listener

Began having this same issue shortly after the most recent app update.  Running Android 6.0.1 on Samsung Galaxy S7

View solution in original post

Solution!

Regular

So there's another new beta for Spotify out today (6.5.0.1816). No guarantee yet that the notification/controls issue is fixed but it's worth a try. I had it installed out and about today and it seemed fine, performance was perfect too, but you never know. Will report back if it fails again.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-6-5-0-1816-release/

90 Replies

Roadie

Hi thirteenthcor. Welcome to Spotify Community!

I would recommend contacting Spotify directly as this is something they need to look at and investigated. You can provide the screenshot to them for more information of your device, and for sure, they'll be glad to help!

You can reach out to them here, on Twitter with the @SpotifyCares handle, or on their Facebook page.

Thanks,

marlonespi

If this post solved your issue - Accept it as a SOLUTION.

If you like my post - Please add LIKES to it.

***I'm not in any means working or related with Spotify. I’m just trying to be helpful, that’s it!***

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @thirteenthcor,

Looks like you may need a clean install, which means deleting everything Spotify has created in your phone:

1. Uninstall the app from phone by going to 'Settings' -> 'Apps' then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it. Once loaded press 'Uninstall'.
2. Using a file manager make sure that the below folders are deleted if they still exist:

• /emulated/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /ext_sd/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /sdcard1/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /data/media/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music

You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this.

3. Reinstall from the Play Store.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Regular
Hey,

I'm having this exact problem on my Nexus 6P running Android 7.

Let me know if that clean install works.

Regular
Thank you. I was hoping to avoid deleting it and losing my downloads but this DID fix the problem.

Currently showing in tray and lock screen.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20161011-202315.png
Screenshot_20161011-202335.png

Regular
Did work. Has stopped working again.

Regular
Checked for all the files and folders; what I could see without root. Didn't find any labelled this.

Uninstalled. Reinstalled. Worked just fine. Went to bed immediately afterwards. Woke up and picked up my phone and it's back to not working.

Argh
Solution!

Casual Listener

Began having this same issue shortly after the most recent app update.  Running Android 6.0.1 on Samsung Galaxy S7

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@thirteenthcor

If that's the case, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Music Fan

Having the exact same issue with my Galaxy Note Edge, as of this week. Contacting Spotify directly now. (I also miss the days when Spotify used to show up full screen with controls on my lock screen when playing music, don't know why the stopped doing that)

SUGGESTED POSTS