Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify disappeared from tray, lock screen.

Solved!

Spotify disappeared from tray, lock screen.

I've tried messing with notifications, resetting app preferences etc. In Marshmallow but nothing seems to bring Spotify back.

If I thumb the circle and go to my main screen Spotify is no longer in my tray or seen in my lockscreen. I then have to manually open my phone and go back into Spotify to change songs, etc.

attached pic shows my phone info.

I'm on a Motorola Nexus 6 w/ Marshmallow. No root.

Anyone have any ideas?
Screenshot_20161011-123641.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Began having this same issue shortly after the most recent app update.  Running Android 6.0.1 on Samsung Galaxy S7

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

So there's another new beta for Spotify out today (6.5.0.1816). No guarantee yet that the notification/controls issue is fixed but it's worth a try. I had it installed out and about today and it seemed fine, performance was perfect too, but you never know. Will report back if it fails again.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-6-5-0-1816-release/

View solution in original post

90 Replies

Hi thirteenthcor. Welcome to Spotify Community!

I would recommend contacting Spotify directly as this is something they need to look at and investigated. You can provide the screenshot to them for more information of your device, and for sure, they'll be glad to help!

You can reach out to them here, on Twitter with the @SpotifyCares handle, or on their Facebook page.

Thanks,

marlonespi

If this post solved your issue - Accept it as a SOLUTION.

If you like my post - Please add LIKES to it.

***I'm not in any means working or related with Spotify. I’m just trying to be helpful, that’s it!***

Hey @thirteenthcor,

Looks like you may need a clean install, which means deleting everything Spotify has created in your phone:

1. Uninstall the app from phone by going to 'Settings' -> 'Apps' then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it. Once loaded press 'Uninstall'.
2. Using a file manager make sure that the below folders are deleted if they still exist:

• /emulated/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /ext_sd/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /sdcard1/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /data/media/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music

You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this.

3. Reinstall from the Play Store.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey,

I'm having this exact problem on my Nexus 6P running Android 7.

Let me know if that clean install works.

Thank you. I was hoping to avoid deleting it and losing my downloads but this DID fix the problem.

Currently showing in tray and lock screen.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20161011-202315.png
Screenshot_20161011-202335.png

Did work. Has stopped working again.

Checked for all the files and folders; what I could see without root. Didn't find any labelled this.

Uninstalled. Reinstalled. Worked just fine. Went to bed immediately afterwards. Woke up and picked up my phone and it's back to not working.

Argh
Marked as solution

Began having this same issue shortly after the most recent app update.  Running Android 6.0.1 on Samsung Galaxy S7

@thirteenthcor

If that's the case, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Having the exact same issue with my Galaxy Note Edge, as of this week. Contacting Spotify directly now. (I also miss the days when Spotify used to show up full screen with controls on my lock screen when playing music, don't know why the stopped doing that)

Just curious, are you guys using bluetooth when you are having this issue? I noticed I only don't have the problem when I play music exclusively on my phone. (Galaxy Note Edge)

Haven't tried using bluetooth, so can't say for sure.

I wonder if, as others have stated, it's due to the android October security update. I'm not going to nougat now anytime soon if simple security updates do stuff like this.

For me the problem comes and goes. With no interference from me, the lock screen and notifications for Spotify will come and go. One minute I'll see the wallpaper on the lock screen, the next it's gone.

Little gremlins. At least they're pink gremlins. (Harmless but irritating)

Please report back with your results from contacting Spotify.

J.

P.S.

Is there any way to "unsolve" this thread?

Thread "unsolved".

When this happened to me recently, I unchecked spotify notifications then re-checked them, restarted phone and now they're back. Not sure if this is just serendipity though.

Using S7 edge, android 6.01 and spotify 6.3.

What Android version are you using? Im on marshmallow and I cant seem to
find any place in the apps manager or the app itself that specifically
lists notifications

Thanks

settings>notifications  then advanced if you want to see the fine detail.

Same problem here. Motorola Moto Maxx xt1225, android 6.0.1.

Some times the notification icon apears, sometimes it does not. When it is on, all is fine. When there is no icon, i have no lockscreen controls, no notification controls and no bluetooth next/previus play/pause.

I have tried clean reinstall, factory reset, not energey saving for spotify app, set as priority spotify notificationds to no avail. 

I would prefer to always have the notification controls, no this bogus "feature" that only show them when spotify is hidden. But in my case, they doesnt show at all, no matter if spotify is in the background or not. It is specially infuriating when I try to use the bluetooth in my car to change the song and it only pauses for a second and then continues. 😞

It's happening to me on Bluetooth and without Bluetooth.

This is bug in the latest version of spotify, do these guys even run their programs before they release updates?
Im switching to pandora and google music until they fix this and if it exists long enough I'll cancel my premium membership.

I'm having the same issue (since a few days) with and without bluetooth earbuds connected.

Oh, added bonus when using earbuds; the bluetooth inline controls don't work..

As there are currently two threads in the FIRST page on the android-spotify community.

I'm going to consider this as a known-issue.

To express (from own and others' experience):

1. (Full/clean) Re-installing doesn't fix the issue.
  2. Re-launching doesn't fix the issue (but is a workaround, as in, works temporarily).
  3. Disabling powersave doesn't fix the issue.
  4. Excluding from doze doesn't fix the issue.
  5. Making the notification a priority doesn't fix the issue.
  6. Removing the lockscreen doesn't fix the issue.

Related issues:

1. Bluetooth inline controls do not work when notification is gone (can't start, toggle play/pause, skip or rewind music).
  2. (kinda related) when the notification is actually present for one f---ing time, there are no full controls on the lockscreen until slide down to expand the notification.

Suggested posts