Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify does not connect to Wifi (Android 10)

Spotify does not connect to Wifi (Android 10)

Plan

Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

Nokia 7 Plus

Operating System

Android 10

My Spotify does not work when WiFi connection is used; it only connects using cellular data. My other apps are working perfectly when I'm connected to the wifi. More so, my Spotify in my laptop works using the same WiFi connection. My offline mode is also turned off but still, I can't play songs because it says "No Internet Connection Available".

I've tried all the possible solutions I can find here in the community. I've tried uninstalling the app, reinstalling, logging out then logging in, clearing cache, clearing data, restarting the phone, restarting the router, resetting the network/bluetooth, updating my phone system, updating to the latest Spotify app, connecting to other WiFi connections and ultimately, as frequently mentioned in troubleshooting: "In android settings go to 'Apps&Notifications', there go to the Spotify App, then go to 'Mobile data & Wi-Fi'. There is an option 'Wi-Fi disabled'."

Unfortunately, none of those solutions worked. 😞 I did not see a WiFi option for Android 10. The only options available were "Background Data" and Unrestricted Data Usage". I've also sought help from Nokia Customer Care because I thought it could be a phone-related issue. The agent suggested it could be that the WiFi option is limited to Android 9 or other versions except 10. 

Help. How can I enable the wifi option for Spotify? Or what other possible options can be done to make the app work when connected to the wifi?

Thank you.

viber_image_2020-07-29_02-52-492.jpg
viber_image_2020-07-29_02-52-49.jpg
4 Replies

Yes, I have the same problem. It even occurs on both my mobile phones, while I haven't used Spotify on my work mobile in over a year (I only started there to check whether or not I could). Spotify works fine on roaming, but whenever I switch on my wifi it stops working. My spotify on my laptop still works though.

Any tips?

Still haven't figured about this problem yet. I still can't use my Spotify when I'm connected to Wi-Fi unless I will use my data. 😞

Unfortunately, I don't think Spotify are actively trying to solve this and related Android 10 problems despite so many users having issues. Perhaps it's because Google want Youtube Music to compete with Spotify so have made Android 10 less Spotify friendly, but you would think that IF Spotify wanted to solve these problems they would. My phone works incredible slowly with Spotify on Android 10, actually whether on wifi or not on wifi. They said it might be because I have too many playlists, but I have an Android 9 phone which uses the same Spotify account with no delay/lag. :o(

I agree. And it's frustrating because even though I've updated my app several times now, the problem recurs. 😞

Suggested posts