Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't recognize offline download

Spotify doesn't recognize offline download

Hi,

The space on my device was running out so I tried to transfer the offline downloads on my SD card.

The process succeeded but now all my downloads are not available to listen to it offline mode and if I try to download the songs once again the data are once again saved in the internal storage so that no space is gained on the device.

Can you help me

Thanks for the collaboration

5 Replies

Hi @Triso!

Sorry to hear that. Check out the steps under “Downloads unexpectedly removed” here. They should help with this.

Could you also let us know if this happens only with your downloaded albums/tracks or also with your downloaded playlists?

Keep us posted.

Hi,
Thanks for replying.
Unfortunately all that is written in the article you suggested is useful for me.
Infact I didn't download music in any other device, I go online at least once a day, I didn't reinstall the app recently (btw I think that Spotify deletes its offline downloads only if they are saved in the internal storage), and I don't think I need a newer version of the app since I've been using it only for a few weeks.
Moreover, I think I can exclude the possibility that my problem occurs due to some problem with a particular content (song/album/playlist) since this happens with every song.
The only thing I'm not sure about is if there's some sort of issue with my SD card.
My phone does read it (if I go to "settings" and then "storage" I can clearly see it) and I Know my downloads I save in it (infact I can see the SD card filling up in "storage") but after a few minutes I have shifted my songs in it the app automatically restarts and seems like it doesn't recognize those downloads (which are still in the SD card) anymore and he asks me to repeat the process.
I'm sorry for the trouble
Thanks again

Hi

I had the same the problem and found out that Spotify didn't have access to read storage on my phone (it never asked for it). After giving this permission Spotify regorgnized all my song again. When I click download on a playlist and chose a song, the song is instantly marked as downloaded.

Ok,

This really seems to make sense.

How can I give Spotify this permission?

Hey @Triso,

To give Spotify Read permissions follow the steps below:

1. Go to your settings
  2. Navigate to Application Manager (You can search for this in your settings as well)
  3. Find Spotify in the list and tap on it
  4. Then tap 'Permissions' and enable 'Storage'!
  5. You're done!

Let me know if this helps you!

Best,

Jordan

Suggested posts