Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't see my Android phone

Spotify doesn't see my Android phone

I wanted to sync my local tracks, but Spotify simply does not see my phone. I am using a Galaxy S4 with the latest spotify app, I'm connected to the same wifi network. I previously had an iPhone 4S and wifi sync worked fine.

I've tried rebooting, not sure what else I can do.

7 Replies

Things to try:

• Make sure your S4 can access the internet through the wifi successfully
  • Make sure offline mode is off in the mobile spotify settings
  • Temporarily disable any firewall/antivirus/security applications on your desktop PC

Does the desktop see the S4 now?

• My S4 can access the internet, I am able to stream music from spotify as well as use the internet browser and so on
  • Offline mode is disabled in Spotify, I am online the whole time
  • I do not run any firewall or antivirus software (I haven't for around 4 years, common sense keeps me virus free :D)

Spotify still does not see the S4. As I said in my original post, it works fine with my iPhone 4S on the same network with the same settings. My network setup functions very well, my S4 can see all my computers and is able to access shared files.

As far as I know, there's no other configuration I could change which leads me to believe this is a bug with either the Android client or the Windows client.

I don't think it's a client bug - there would be a howling mob here by now 🙂

Have you tried restarting both your router and your phone? 

Fair enough. Yeah I restarted my phone and I even updated the firmware of my router.

I'm running out of ideas here 😞 I'm going to think about it some more but, in the meantime, could you send off the online contact form and, hopefully, someone at Spotify can help get this fixed. If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

If I have any more ideas, I'll be in touch.

I think i figured out the problem. I have this software called NetLimiter, I only use it to view the bandwidth usage coming out of programs because it can monitor each exe seperately. When I closed this software and restarted Spotify, my phone showed up.

It must be doing something I did not expect.

That's interesting! I'm really happy you found the solution. Enjoy the music 🙂

Suggested posts