Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify folder corrupted my SD card on my Galaxy S5

Spotify folder corrupted my SD card on my Galaxy S5

I have used the Samsung EVO SD cards all along. I had one card awhile back that started unmouting itself after using Spotify. I figured it was just a bad card so I ordered a new 64gb Samsung EVO min sd card. Again, same thing happened. The card had only been used for about 5 days and has never been in anything but my phone. I was using spotify and the card becomes corrupted.

I have tried running checkdsk and formatting. Windows cannot format it and checkdsk points to the spotify folder. After some investigating I found the folder that caused all this. It is at spotifycache>Storage>5b. Folder 5b is corrupted and is causing all the issues. Windows wont let me delete it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

30 Replies

Hi Baapkosky,

I hope you still check this thread...

Did this really work, class 4 card? Can you use 64Gb?

Doesn't it affect your cam?

I wrecked 4 - 5 cards (brand and generic) already with Spotify, always when moving storage from internal to sd card in the spotify app.

I am going to try your solution. Since Spotify is not coming up with one...

+1 for this thread. Absolutely the same issue, after spotify downloaded some more offline music, it corrupts the card.

Just yesterday I lost my 3rd sd card to this issue.

I am having the same, first with a 128gb SD card which went bad after spotify constantly redownloading my offline songs, and now with a 64gb card which is only 1 month old, SPOTIFY INDEED corrupts the whole card, making it unable to write. 

How is that even possible? 

Attached you can see the error when I try to format it. 

Screenshot_20171120-205239.png

SPOTIFY, after all those complaints WHERE IS THE SOLUTION? 

THIS IS INNACEPTABLE! 

Update on my previous post, I use a class 4 (!) 32gb card now... And that works!

How ridiculous is that?! Spotify on sd card, photos are saving fine as well and staying intact and I can copy / paste other data on it... It's quite unbelievable if you think about it, that Spotify can't be handled properly on bigger and faster cards then this... 

Oh well, it's worth a try guys!

And @Spotify, it's definitely worth looking into! Check one of your updates from July this year, that's when it started for me.

@jasonrodier wrote:

@AnD @__spo__, it's definitely worth looking into! Check one of your updates from July this year, that's when it started for me.

thank you, i thought i was going crazy! roughly the same time it started happening for me. was fine previously, now i have to redownload every week...

no more spotify in sdcard, thats the only solution. fortunately the cellphones storage are getting bigger.

@DJTGB wrote:

no more spotify in sdcard, thats the only solution. fortunately the cellphones storage are getting bigger.

Not really acceptable though is it? 

tell spotify, which seems not to follow this and similar threats. 😞

Bumping this thread as it's still a serious issue. Going to send back my new 128GB c10 card and pick up a c4 and see if that helps. Will report back. 

What the **bleep**, the issue exists for 2 years and they still haven't fixed it? Time to look for alternatives.

Suggested posts