Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Android - Playlist Folder download

Solved!

Spotify for Android - Playlist Folder download

Dear all,

I have a question about the Playlist Folder on the Android version of Spotify. I have one Playlist folder with different playlist within the folder. But on my Android device, when I open Spotify, I can only download the playlists but not the whole playlist folder. So when i click to download the playlists, they appear under my Downloads, but the Playlist folder doens't. I like to have a Playlist folder because I can listen to all my music on the different playlists.Is there a way to download the Playlist folder? 

Thanks!

Regards,

Justin

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Each spotify app for the different platforms is different and new features are being rolled out all the time. We should soon have Collection on android which will make music a bit easier to manage 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi @Justin1992 I'm afraid there is no way to select a folder for download presently, so you still need to select the individual playlists within it.

Thanks for your reply! Hmm that is strange, because on my brothers iPhone, he just have only one folder under his "My Downloads" and within the folder there are multiple downloaded playlists. 

Marked as solution

Each spotify app for the different platforms is different and new features are being rolled out all the time. We should soon have Collection on android which will make music a bit easier to manage 🙂

Ok 😉 Thanks for your help!

I've looked at all screens available and I can't find a way to contact technical support.  I have four accounts and am thinking of switching services because Spotify doesn't allow my Android Nexus 7 to use the playlist folders that I've organized by Artist.  My iPhone displays the folders nicely.  This seems like such a basic function yet they have been "considering" it since 2012.  I would like to ask Spotify when this might be implemented but they have cleverly hidden their contact information so you will get frustrated and give up.

You can get in touch direct using the contact form. Playlist folders you have created should appear on android although not in the seperate "downloaded" section at the top. Also, swiping down in playlist view reveals a filter and the ability to sort.

Thanks for the link to the contact form.  I'll see if they can help with my folders before I jump ship.

Suggested posts