Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Android version 0.5.0 - no shuffle option?

Spotify for Android version 0.5.0 - no shuffle option?

Has the shuffle option been removed? If not, how can I access it?

24 Replies

When you start playing something a now playing display appears the bottom of the screen. Click on that to open the full screen now playing view. The shuffle button is on there
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

shuffle.jpg

bump, this app needs SHUFFLE!!!  plz?

@cystemic wrote:

bump, this app needs SHUFFLE!!!  plz?

Is that option in the above screenshot not working for you?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

oh, i was pressing the infinite loop button XD thankyou!

Wow, so I have to press Shuffle after every song? I'll see how that works, rather inconvient. I wish I could just use the Play Queue I'm using on my laptop.  

You shouldn't need to press shuffle after every song. Turn it on, and you should be shuffling away until you turn it off.
Airhorn Enthusiast

I figured it out, thank you for the help!!!

My shuffle button is no longer available to me.  Is it because it is only for the premium users?  It was working yesterday morning & then yesterday evening it just disappeared.  So I re-installed the app & still nothing. 

@Monkeykat wrote:

My shuffle button is no longer available to me.  Is it because it is only for the premium users?  It was working yesterday morning & then yesterday evening it just disappeared.  So I re-installed the app & still nothing. 

Are you not a premium member? 

If you are not and you are in the US, then you will have access to free mobile radio, of which you don't need a shuffle button since playback is random anyways!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I just became a premium user & I still can not see the suffle button.  This is my problem, I have a variety of music on my account.  Stuff from Rob Zombie to Mozart.  Well it appears to be stuck on the the "classical" genre only.  No matter how many times I skip, it still plays classical music.  It shuffles amongst that but not my entire playlist.  I am trying everything from becoming a premium user, to downloading my playlist (which is taking FOREVER) but still can not find the shuffle button.  Like I said before, it use to be there & now it is gone.  Plus, I just want to hear MY music, I don't want to hear everybody else's music.  Isn't that why I "star" the songs I like, so I can just hear those ones?

Yeah for sure! 

Is the shuffle button not in the bottom left corner of the now playing screen like in this picture?

Peter

Peter

No sir it is not.  In fact the buttons that sandwhich the play, rewind & fast forward button is gone. 

Just checked with Premify (super user) and he can still see it there on the now playing screen on his device. 

Can you try another clean reinstallation of the application, and try again? Also can you post a screen capture of what your now-playing screen looks like?

Peter

Peter

I did a clean re-installation last night.  I tried everything from clearing the data, clearing the cache & the re-installation & still nothing.  I'm on version 0.5.9.29 if that has anything to do with it.

0.5.9.29 and definitely still there at bottom left. No idea what might the problem here since you even reinstalled it. 😕

Can you post a screenshot on how your now playing screen looks like?

Screenshot_2013-03-07-01-01-58.png

I totally would but *sheepishly* I don't know how to do it.  I have done it by sheer accident but don't know what to do.

Uhm well that also depends on what brand you're using. Just google your mobile phone + screenshot. 😛

Normally it's something like volume up + volume down + power at same time.

I found out how to do it!!!  Ok here it is:  Sorry if it is so extremely huge.

Screenshot_2013-03-06-16-22-39(1).png

Suggested posts