Premium

Country

Germany

Device

HTC 10 (two different devices tested)

Operating System

Android 8.0 Oreo with HTC Sense  

My Question or Issue

My problem is a random app freeze while using Spotify.
Now lasting for some months I have the issue that the spotify app freezes while playing music or when I try to unpause a track. The song won't start and when I try to go back the progress bar appears and keeps loading. The only thing, that works is to close the app with the 'back button' and that only for once. 
Cause if I want to restart the app, it won't open and keeps showing the start screen with the spotify logo on it, until a "App doesn't respond"- note from the Andoid system appears. The worst thing which this bug causes is, that this bug also affects other apps. Other apps (e.g. Google Maps) also won't open after this problem and my only solution is to restart the phone.
I already tried several troubleshootings:
- clear app cache

- clean install after deinstalling (several times)

- cleared my phone cache (several times)

- factory reseting my phone (3x times)

Now I'm almost desperate, because it already happened on two different devices (both HTC 10). Both phones work totally normal, if I use it without the spotify app!
I also tried a very old version (Spotify v. 5.0.xx) and that also didn't caused this bug in the testing time (3-4 days).

I don't know what else to do and every time restarting the phone is troublesome, for example when it's connected via bluetooth with my car and I stream music to my car radio. So I'll hope to find a solution here, otherwise I don't know any other solution than to deinstall spotify entirely from my phone.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Greeting from Germany

10 Replies

Hey @coolkid1412 thanks for reaching out to the community with your query.

Spotify must have 500 mbs of free storage to run properly on your phone, can you try going ahead and clearing some memory then restarting your phone.

If it's still causing issues on multiple devices please let me know if you screenshot as it could be an account issue which would be a whole different thing.

Best, 

Jack 🙂 

Hey again,

I'm not really sure this is your issue but it seems there's an ongoing issue on a similar topic you can check it out here.

Let me know, 

Jack. 

Hi @Jack,
thanks for your fast reply.
But I don't think that this is a storage problem. Because I have more than 19GB internal and 55GB external storage free on my device.
And I've done multiple restarts and even cleared the device cache through the phone recovery multiple times.

I can sure send you a screenshot.
Do you want a screenshot, when the bug appears or is it irrelevant?

Regards
coolkid

thanks for the mention
but my problem causes randomly, it doesn't appear when I click on the 3-dot menu.
so I'm not sure if the both bugs have the same origin.

But thank you anyways 🙂

Hey again,

Can you send me a screen shot?

Jack

Heya @coolkid1412

Ok got the SS does it happen on only those devices or any devices on your account?

Jack

Hey Jack,

great! Well it already happened on two different devices (but both HTC 10) while logged into my account. But strangely this doesn't happened while another spotify account was logged in on the same device..

coolkid

Hey @coolkid1412

Sorry for the late delay. I reached out to community mod to see what my be up, it sounds like you have an account issue. I strongly recommend you check out this article on creating a new account to solve the problem.

Let me know how it goes,

Jack

Hi Jack,
sorry for the very late reply, I was a little occupied in the past days..
But I spoke with some friends and relatives who are using Spotify and a few of them even have the exact same phone. They don't suffer from this bug/problem, so I really think it has to be an account issue.
Do you heard something from the Spotify mods, or is the only solution to start over with a new account?

Regards

Hey @coolkid1412 again,

Well you have to options, create the new account or attempt to reach out to support and see what they can do. 

They can be reached through their Twitter @SpotifyCares ( https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares?s=09 ) or through the online SpotifySupport ( https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support ).

* Note that if you are going submit a contact form (instead of sending a DM on Twitter), make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify.

Best,

Jack 

Suggested posts