Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify gets hung up after use with Samsung watch

Solved!

Spotify gets hung up after use with Samsung watch

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Galaxy S21

Operating System

System Wide

My Question or Issue

When choosing songs through the app on the galaxy active or just in general using the app, Spotify will get stuck on a random song and while allowing me to play others, they will not display, instead, the same time and song title will show on the android app. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @EricRo01,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We also suggest that you make sure that you're running the latest OS version on both devices.

Let us know how everything goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Appreciate the reply.

I'm seeing this a couple months after I "resolved" the issue and you were spot on about the cache.
I use my watch for controlling music when I'm away from my phone at work through the spotify app for Tizen.

Sometimes the problem I described in my original post occurs when I get home and try to use the app on my phone. Rather than doing a fresh install of Spotify which can be quite cumbersome, I just "force quit" the app which is easy on OneUI and should be on most android systems. It's a temporary fix but It's one that I'm just about ok living with, for now.

I think It would be worth looking into this to you devs at Spotify as it appears to be a somewhat uncommon problem but I have seen posts about it on reddit and such.
May be unlikely now as Samsung moves away from the Tizen OS but some official information would be helpful for future solution seekers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @EricRo01,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We also suggest that you make sure that you're running the latest OS version on both devices.

Let us know how everything goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Marked as solution

Appreciate the reply.

I'm seeing this a couple months after I "resolved" the issue and you were spot on about the cache.
I use my watch for controlling music when I'm away from my phone at work through the spotify app for Tizen.

Sometimes the problem I described in my original post occurs when I get home and try to use the app on my phone. Rather than doing a fresh install of Spotify which can be quite cumbersome, I just "force quit" the app which is easy on OneUI and should be on most android systems. It's a temporary fix but It's one that I'm just about ok living with, for now.

I think It would be worth looking into this to you devs at Spotify as it appears to be a somewhat uncommon problem but I have seen posts about it on reddit and such.
May be unlikely now as Samsung moves away from the Tizen OS but some official information would be helpful for future solution seekers.

Hi there @EricRo01,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you redownload Spotify on your watch to see if the issue persist?

We also suggest that you make sure so that the watch and your phone runs the latest OS version.

If that doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you contact our customer support and ask them to remove any possible corrupt device since we can't do it from our end.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Suggested posts