Free

Country

Romania

Device

Samsung A3 2017

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I regularly encounter ads like the one in the picture, which are completely inactive. I click either on the ad or the dismiss button, but none of them work, because my touch actually interacts with whatever sits beneath the ad.

There's no way to bypass the ad and continue using the app, so i just have to restart it, which loses whatever artist/album/etc. page i was keeping for later. Awesome

Screenshot_20190427-081242_Spotify.jpg
4 Replies

Hey @user-removed, help's arrived. 

First, can you perform a quick reinstall and see if the same thing happens?

I that doesn't help, can you tell us if this happens with the shown ad in specific, or other ads as well? Also, you mentioned that a if you press somewhere, it interacts with what's beneath the ad. Can you specify a bit?

Keep us posted 🙂

"quick reinstall". ugh, i hate to do this. I have to reinstall spotify every few weeks anyways because it becomes so unusable, and it's such a big hassle.

instead i just found out there is an update on play store (last weekend there wasn't any), so i'm just gonna update for now and see how it goes. 

"this happens with the shown ad in specific, or other ads as well". It's not just the coca-cola ads that are like this, it happens with most of the ads of that type, the static picture banner with the "dismiss" button below.

"if you press somewhere, it interacts with what's beneath the ad." If i click on the ad, the app acts like there's no ad overlay, and instead just loads whatever the app was showing before the ad showed. For example, if the "dismiss" button is located in the same place where the "Playing now" bar sits, when i click it i just open the "Playing now" page. It is kind of a strange situation, so sorry for not explaining it more easier.

after update the issue wasn't solved, so this morning i went trough the hassle and reinstalled the update. Problem still shows up.

hi jemi,

please tell me someone is working on this. This bug is getting on me nerves. Thanks

Suggested posts