Premium

Country
USA

Device

Samsung Note 8

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Whenever I switch away from the Spotify app to another app (say messanger) and then return to Spotify, it will have switched to offline mode despite me still being connected to a network. I then have to close the app and restart it to be able to search/be online. This happens every single time I switch to another app, even if only for a moment. If I am playing an album it will continue to play, its just that when I go to search that it will be in offline mode.  I have tried the usual recommendations including clearing the cache and fresh install. I have not downloaded any new apps since this problem began. 

3 Replies

Hey @Logan07, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll be glad to help though.

Does the issue happen on WiFi or mobile data? If it's happening on WiFi, does the issue persist if you restart your network?

Let us know how it goes.

Hey @Logan07, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll be glad to help though.

Does the issue happen on WiFi or mobile data? If it's happening on WiFi, does the issue persist if you restart your network?

Let us know how it goes.

I have the exact same problem, only I have a Galaxy S9+. This issue persists regardless of whether I'm connected to wi-fi or data, and happens every single time. I'm always able to fix it by closing the app in task manager and reopening it, but having to do that everytime is tedious. It seems like Spotify doesn't lose internet connection, because if I'm playing a playlist or radio, it will keep streaming it regardless of whether I switch apps or if my phone is idling in my pocket, it just DOES NOT let me search for anything that isn't already in my library. What gives?

Suggested posts