Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify has stopped working!

Spotify has stopped working!

Hi!

I have Spotify premium on a Sony android, and suddenly Spotify has shut down. The message that pops up is: Spotify has unfortunately stopped working. Press "Ok" or "Report". I have done:

- reported the problem

- uninstalled spotify, then turned of my phone and reinstalled a new version

Nothing has helped, and the same message keep poping up. The screen is totally black behind the message that pops up.

What is wrong and how can I fix it?

Best,

Malin

6 Replies

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!
Have you also cleared the cache and everything?

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

Im not a hundred percent sure what Clear cache means? On my phone I have a folder called "programs". I pressed on the Spotify program and "delete data" (I think thats the right translation in English). It doesnt work. The numbers are still the same.

I tried to find the folder: Android --> data --> Spotify, but in the data folder there was nothing named spotify...¨

Was this what you meant by "Clear cache"?

@milirium86 wrote:
Im not a hundred percent sure what Clear cache means? On my phone I have a folder called "programs". I pressed on the Spotify program and "delete data" (I think thats the right translation in English). It doesnt work. The numbers are still the same.

I tried to find the folder: Android --> data --> Spotify, but in the data folder there was nothing named spotify...¨

Was this what you meant by "Clear cache"?

Go to Android Settings then 'Applications'. Scroll down to Spotify and tap on it. Once opened tap on the 'Clear Data' button.

Android Troubleshooting:

Sorry, I have done this. It doesnt work. The data wont Clear.

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts