Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

buy 1 month and get 2 for free

there is a offer from spotify saying buy 1 month and get 2 month for free. i just bought 1 month but i bought it with a code and i checked my spotify only lasts 1 month instead of 3.

• there is a offer from spotify saying buy 1 month and get 2 month for free. i just bought 1 month but i bought it with a code and i checked my spotify only lasts 1 month instead of 3. 
  • dfnzl
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app on Android hijacks Spotify on desktop computer

Sometimes I like to listen to Spotify on my phone, but when I'm home I use my computer to play music. On my phone I usually listen to some saved offline playlist, but on the computer I prefer to use the radio in Spotify. Suddenly the music will stop ...

• Sometimes I like to listen to Spotify on my phone, but when I'm home I use my computer to play music. On my phone I usually listen to some saved offline playlist, but on the computer I prefer to...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Confusion between added song and added albums

Hi, Now I find in "my albums" every album containing a song that I have saved., when I save just one specific song, I find the corresponding album in "my albums" (containing only the saved song). The result is that I have much more albums saved than ...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, Now I find in "my albums" every album containing a song that I have saved., when I save just one specific song, I find the corresponding album in "my albums" (containing only the saved song)...
  • Touelmeris
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify not opening on thl 5000 smartphone

I can't get spotify to open on my the 5000 smartphone can anybody help me

• Casual Listener
  • I can't get spotify to open on my the 5000 smartphone can anybody help me
  • bjbirch
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

unlimited

Why when im paying you for the unlimited service at £4.99 per month and have been for over two years do i now find that my new android devices force me to accept your free service. please supply the service I am in contract with you to supply. Thank ...

• Why when im paying you for the unlimited service at £4.99 per month and have been for over two years  do i now find that my new android devices force me to accept your free service. please suppl...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

2 mobiles

Hi, I have spotify on my main pc and have downloaded the app onto both mine and my wifes samsung s4 mobiles. I was hoping that we could both play different playlists simultaneously but when I am using mine I cannot get my wifes to work on a different...

• Hi, I have spotify on my main pc and have downloaded the app onto both mine and my wifes samsung s4 mobiles. I was hoping that we could both play different playlists simultaneously but when I am usin...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android App Skips Songs

Hi, I have installed Spotify 0.5.8.27 version on HTC One X+. For offline playlist after about 20 minutes (the time changes everytime) the app goes crazy! It does one or many of below mentioned: 1) It skipps songs continuously, until reaches end of pl...

• Hi,   I have installed Spotify 0.5.8.27 version on HTC One X+. For offline playlist after about 20 minutes (the time changes everytime) the app goes crazy! It does one or many of below menti...
  • Loyd
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Samsung galaxy tab spotify music control widget

I recently purchased a samsung galaxy tab 4 and found out that the music control widget was not showing up on my lock screen I tried re-installing spotify and reset my tablet to default settings to make sure nothing was interfering. How do I make thi...

• Regular
  • I recently purchased a samsung galaxy tab 4 and found out that the music control widget was not showing up on my lock screen I tried re-installing spotify and reset my tablet to default settings to m...
  • danlezark123
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Latest Spotify Refuses to Sync, says out of space but phone has 11GB+ free space

Latest Spotify app Refuses to Sync, says out of space but phone has 11GB+ free space. Synced everything fine yesterday, newly added songs display out of space message with clearly plenty of space available This is my second random issue in two days. ...

• Regular
  • Latest Spotify app Refuses to Sync, says out of space but phone has 11GB+ free space. Synced everything fine yesterday, newly added songs display out of space message with clearly plenty of space ava...
  • PsychoKilla666
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! app crashes on tablet

installed spotify on tablet, but crashes very often. It crashes when app go background (when open another app, or inactive screen, or when the screen is blocked). I noticed that when the screen is blocked, the widget go crazy and start to sparkle, as...

• Regular
  • installed spotify on tablet, but crashes very often. It crashes when app go background (when open another app, or inactive screen, or when the screen is blocked). I noticed that when the screen is bl...
  • jozelochajtur
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 99. cent holiday subscription issues

I had spotify premium awhile ago then could not afford it so I cancelled it and I saw I can get 3mos for 99. Cents and when I true to get it it says im not allowed to that I half to pay $9.99 still and im confused because I dont have a premium subscr...

• I had spotify premium awhile ago then could not afford it so I cancelled it and I saw I can get 3mos for 99. Cents and when I true to get it it says im not allowed to that I half to pay $9.99 still a...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! SD Card Problem

Hello I'm using a Samsung Glaxy S4 Mini (GT-i9195) with a 16GB SD Card. (which has 8GB free space and) Everytime i try to save playlists offline spotify uses my internal memory (which has 500MB free space) I already reinstalled spotify, removed cache...

• Hello I'm using a Samsung Glaxy S4 Mini (GT-i9195) with a 16GB SD Card. (which has 8GB free space and) Everytime i try to save playlists offline spotify uses my internal memory (which has 500MB fre...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Strange design choice

What is the the thought behind putting the off/online toggle right beneath the shuffle button? I work on a ship, meaning days without internet, and found out the hard way that a simple misclick removed about 1500 songs from my offline playlists.

• What is the the thought behind putting the off/online toggle right beneath the shuffle button? I work on a ship, meaning days without internet, and found out the hard way that a simple misclick remo...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No audio working on LG G2 Mini

Good evening, today i bought the premium version of Spotify but when i try to play music on my Lg,it doesn't make any sound. It work only if i try to play a music on remote with another device. P.S. Sorry for my english Thanks

• Regular
  • Good evening, today i bought the premium version of Spotify but when i try to play music on my Lg,it doesn't make any sound. It work only if i try to play a music on remote with another device. ...
  • xCaster
  • Regular
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

permanent pause on mobile

No matter how many times I press play, it goes back to pause, for every song. However it works on mobile.

• Casual Listener
  • No matter how many times I press play, it goes back to pause, for every song. However it works on mobile. 
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle Play plays terrible unrelated music, far too frequently

So I recognize that my playlist is small (7 songs), and for some reason you have singled out phones as the only ones who can't listen to their actual playlists (even though tablets with the exact same OS can) and so I get suggested songs inserted int...

• So I recognize that my playlist is small (7 songs), and for some reason you have singled out phones as the only ones who can't listen to their actual playlists (even though tablets with the exact sam...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android App
    Shuffle play
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Holliday Deal

I have to do a free trial before I can pay so do I still get the deal? If so how dose the payment system work? Is it free trial pay free month pay and that's the two free months or is it free trial pay free month and free month?

• I have to do a free trial before I can pay so do I still get the deal? If so how dose the payment system work? Is it free trial pay free month pay and that's the two free months or is it free trial p...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Holliday Deal
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists problem

Why is spotify allways putting new songs in the playlists but never delete the older songs. Now the playlists are growing everyday and my sd card is allmost full.

• Roadie
  • Why is spotify allways putting new songs in the playlists but never delete the older songs. Now the playlists are growing everyday and my sd card is allmost full.
  • agage
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

song not available

Hey, I've been using Spotify for a while now on my galaxy tablet, I could play any song I wanted to but now I click on one a bunch of times and it says "song not available". Its really irritating, and eventually after a few 100 clicks the song starts...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, I've been using Spotify for a while now on my galaxy tablet, I could play any song I wanted to but now I click on one a bunch of times and it says "song not available". Its really irritating, an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Just downloaded w/free 7 day trial but trial has ended in less than 24 hrs What?

I just downloaded spotify on my android yesterday morning and it said I had a 7 day free trial of premium but at 9 pm it told me the trial had ended. So it was really only a 12 hour free trial. What happened with that? It would have been nice to try ...

• I just downloaded spotify on my android yesterday morning and it said I had a 7 day free trial of premium but at 9 pm it told me the trial had ended. So it was really only a 12 hour free trial. What ...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes