Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is only messing around.

Spotify is only messing around.

I'm not going to tell you guys my device model, because Spotify just should work on every phone, since it's 10 bucks a month. At least at my high-end android.

It's a shame that Spotify is ignoring all the users complaining about a lagging Android app. For months now the app crashes, laggs af, won't stop any music playback, and so on.

I'm not asking for troubleshooting.
It is not our job looking after the app to run properly.
If the Android app doesn't receve an update asap, i'm not the only one I know who is going to move to Apple Music or so.

1 Reply

I'll say that I am as frustrated as you.  Last couple of months have been terrible with various bugs, need to reinstall the over and over, offline downloaded tracks disappearing and needed to be re-re-re-downloaded.

To be (just for a moment) fair to Spotify, they are not dealing with just one version of Android.  I'm not talking about the 'official' versions of Android : 4.4, 5.0 etc.

I'm talking about the different 'skins' that the device manufacturers put on the specific sub-versions of Android that they put onto their devices.  So Android 5.0 on (for example) an LG phone is not the same as 5.0 on a Samsung, a HTC, etc.

And so some functions that are available on (for example Samsung with 5.0) are not available on LG with 5.0. Specific example : no equalizer in Spotify with LG G3. And this is due to LG modification of Android, not Spotify.  

So we can begin to understand that some malfunctions are due to compatibility issues with the numerous sub-sub-versions of Android that have been manipulated by the device manufacturers for their device.

But if Spotify want to keep customers, they need to put effort into fixing some basic stuff and come up with something that is robust across all sub-versions of Android. Or lose business.

Suggested posts